• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?

Last edited:

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wasn't aware that this was tried. The Mahogany CC Nevis did get off the ground however.

It was somewhere way back in the thread....Last year when i checked Jermyn Streets only had had it made up in country calf. I would love a pair in Dark Oak, on a H/AF Sole (basically a Dover Boot)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was somewhere way back in the thread....Last year when i checked Jermyn Streets only had had it made up in country calf. I would love a pair in Dark Oak, on a H/AF Sole (basically a Dover Boot)

Great looking boot. Unfortunately GMTOs with EG are no longer possible though, at least for now anyway.

I'm seriously thinking about a Nevis in Rosewood CC.

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately GMTOs with EG are no longer possible though, at least for now anyway.

Wait a second. When did this happen? And why pray tell? I am glad the Zug boots made it before the cut, if true. Although single MTOs are much easier to coordinate.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a second. When did this happen? And why pray tell? I am glad the Zug boots made it before the cut, if true. Although single MTOs are much easier to coordinate.

Not too long ago. The single MTO is extremely easy to coordinate, and a fabulous way to get exactly what you want if no one else cares to join. They just aren't as much fun.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?

We were given new guidlines a while back in regards of "GMTOs". We comply because we respect our friends over at EG. I don't believe it is up to me to try and explain the reason for this new policy, I feel that is best done by an EG rep.

We can still do pre-order runs so I'll just have to work harder to find stuff that you guys want. I'm visiting EG in December, hoping to find some inspiration there, I usually try to scurry around the leather rooms and archives of our suppliers to find the good stuff. :) Also, some of the best GMTOs were all created by Styleforum members, like the Zugglet, Carmina Frankenstitch, Willow Dover to name a few and I'm always open to suggestion. Always. Just PM me if you have any good ideas.

Last edited:

member2000r

Reaction score
Is it possible now to use Deco Green calf on G&G benchmade GMTO? I once did it and I want another pair now
foo.gif

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?

When I pitch GMTO I always take in the account retailers host market so they can hopefully order few extra items to sell wider audience. I think Skoaktiebolaget does wonderful job offering a wide variety of choices in different price ranges. This is probably a trade secret as it should be but sometimes I wonder what percentage of the Skoak sales is outside of Sweden. From what I have seen when I was in Stockholm Swedes appreciate fashion and well built things, but the market for shoes in nontraditional colors is probably limited.

Anyways I regret that Skoak was not open in 2010 but the trip was not total loss. I did managed to snag a pair of Crockett and Jones Purple collection boots from Rose & Born.

member2000r

Reaction score
What the hell is Deco Green Calf? Need pics....NOW

Almost black indoor, beautiful green shade under sunlight and direct shine by lamp.

Exact same setting with swan neck wanted (Oxford in MH71)

I suspect black wax on racing green but we don't need to polish ourselves in this case, right?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads