• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whew. :) Thanks! These are going to be very nice! I added shoe trees with my order, I'm assuming they'll just be shipped out when the GMTO is complete?

Yes, and new for this month is that you can get 74945 lasted trees too. I take it you’d be interested in that?

SRV

Reaction score
Thanks @Leaves for a wonderful pair of shoes! Love the attention to detail and the Norvegese !

IMG_2455.jpg IMG_2457.jpg IMG_2460.jpg IMG_2469.jpg IMG_2471.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

dangerous

Reaction score
@Leaves any experience of a MTO in teju from Bonafé?

I've been trying to do research on the leather, if it's like crocodile with the heavy plates, or if it's more like snakes with the flakes. On pictures, it looks like plates, but ... snake is so "fjällig"/flaky that it can look like crap after a while; kicking into something can basically ruin the way the scales look on a snake boot.

Adding a picture of a beautiful single MTO:

REM8leG.jpg

Always match your shoes with the doors.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves any experience of a MTO in teju from Bonafé?

I've been trying to do research on the leather, if it's like crocodile with the heavy plates, or if it's more like snakes with the flakes. On pictures, it looks like plates, but ... snake is so "fjällig"/flaky that it can look like crap after a while; kicking into something can basically ruin the way the scales look on a snake boot.

Adding a picture of a beautiful single MTO:

REM8leG.jpg

Always match your shoes with the doors.

Sorry I don’t really have any close experience of that leather. Maybe Olof has handled it but he is not on Styleforum so just shoot us an email and maybe he has some insight (I’m not in the shop due to the new COVID restrictions).

Jazzthief

Reaction score
A question about the ties sold on the site. The usual length for Tie You Tie ties is 148 cm, but Skoaktiebolaget site says that they are 150 cm insead. This cannot be right? Unless Tie Your Tie made a different batch for Skoaktiebolaget. This begs the question whether the lengths for other ties are correct, too.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
A question about the ties sold on the site. The usual length for Tie You Tie ties is 148 cm, but Skoaktiebolaget site says that they are 150 cm insead. This cannot be right? Unless Tie Your Tie made a different batch for Skoaktiebolaget. This begs the question whether the lengths for other ties are correct, too.

I use a TESA UNIMASTER to measure all my Tie Your Tie ties and they come in at 149.1326 cm on average with the shortest coming in at 147.8220 cm and the longest coming in at 150.5244 cm. I think some may have stretched over time, though, and they may make different lengths for ties with different numbers of folds or different fabric thicknesses.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I use a TESA UNIMASTER to measure all my Tie Your Tie ties and they come in at 149.1326 cm on average with the shortest coming in at 147.8220 cm and the longest coming in at 150.5244 cm. I think some may have stretched over time, though, and they may make different lengths for ties with different numbers of folds or different fabric thicknesses.

Got it; thank you very much! Going to skipe Tie Your Tie then as 150 cm is unreasonably long for classical menswear that has even slightly higher rise on the trousers.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Got it; thank you very much! Going to skipe Tie Your Tie then as 150 cm is unreasonably long for classical menswear that has even slightly higher rise on the trousers.

In all seriousness, 150 cm is a pretty standard length for 9 cm width. 9 cm ties tend to be a bit longer than 8 cm ties.

Also, a good length depends on a lot of things: neck girth, torso length, trouser rise, torso profile (someone with more of a paunch or with a bigger chest will need more length), how the knot ties, fabric, construction, etc. To say that there is a perfect length, just doesn't doesn't seem reasonable. That being said, I don't think 2 cm makes that big of a difference because that is only 1 cm per blade, unless 148 cm is already too long for you.

Wertheimer

Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

150 cm is a very reasonable length for ties. If you also look at E.G. Cappelli, all their ties are 150 cm as standard. All the ties available at Skoaktiebolaget are made especially for us in small batches where we can decide length and width ourselves but in most cases we opt for the maker's standard measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads