1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Speaking of blueish colors. Any of you guys interested in laguna patina?
    [​IMG]

2. Flake

Flake Senior member

Me!

3. Flake

Flake Senior member

been thinking black but could do vintage grey

4. mcl911

mcl911 Senior member

do they have vintage grey? I think is call pearl grey

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Sorry guys. There was only enough for one more and I emailed Skoak right after Patrick posted. I will be putting the deposit down and probably go with the same makeup but I'm still thinking through design choices.

On the bright side,at least I post photos often :)

1 person likes this.
  6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

One man's loss is another man's gain

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I feel like I should get in on this pre-price hike madness but nothing stock fits a need. Is there a way to see all the impending Skoab GMTO's that are actually happening, or need one more person to leave the station? I tried looking thru this thread and the EG/GG threads but only got totally confused

8. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

These are confirmed and good to go:
    http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/current-gmtos-and-pre-orders

9. mcl911

mcl911 Senior member

G&G gable in navy,racing green or black :)?

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think we made a right choice ordering that Burnham in Deep Burnished Cedar.

12. Leaves

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

My understanding from my emails with Skoak today, is that there is no vintage grey that they know of, only pearl grey. Pearl grey, from what i can see in google pics is a museum type leather (like a pearl) with a purplish overtone.

I would have been down for a vintage grey, like in the Canterbury pic, but i'm not feeling the pearl grey...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  14. mcl911

mcl911 Senior member

I know that feel, vintage grey is really a good looking color, its like lighter color of deco black and personality I like darker grey color

15. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

How exactly does this apply to things "in stock" but with a restock coming in? I inquired about the Carmina brown calf double monks on the Simpson last back in December and was put on the waitlist for my size. I was told they would be coming in this month.

Is the scenario if they come in this week, I pay the current price, but if they come in after this week I pay the higher price?

Thanks!

16. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks Ironist. That is a nice pairing, really well matched. Not spoilered for ease of comparison with...

a picture I found, which I assume has a similar color scheme since it's listed as snuff suede Simpson last (from an former Epaulet employee)

[​IMG]

Trousers to me here are dark mid-gray to light charcoal (I know I'm splitting hairs). It works ok, I think, just to put one bound. I would definitely not go darker.

Curious if other folks have opinions.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  17. JubeiSpiegel

So, after some soul searching, i think i am going all in this month and placing x3 Arran MTO orders with Skoak.

This would mean that i miss out on the GG Burnham GMTO deadline, and i will have to push my EG Shanklin MTO by a few months as well. But it would be silly for me to pass up saving $150 on each of these now, as opposed to placing the order after the price hike.

No better time to order your grail GG or EG shoes i figure, my wallet is going to hate me this month... :fu:

18. laufer

laufer Senior member

I feel so betrayed.

19. JubeiSpiegel

Sacrifices must be made unfortunately... :embar:

20. Leaves

We very rarely give exact dates for arrivals, we provide estimates. If a restock is late it's not much we can do about it as our estimates are based on preliminary delivery dates from Carmina. Hopefully the model you are waiting for will become available before the price increase, and then we will make it available in our web shop. If they do not, then yes you'd have to pay the higher price, which is about 3% higher than our current price (3% is the planned increase for Carmina and Bonafé).