1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

One EG or GG. If you don't buy them when they are cheap it'll be even harder to justify when they are expensive.

Edit:
    Oh and I've owned three Carminas, all suede in case NAMOR challenges my credentials

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

im curious, what carmina have you owned? and how would you compare it to your EG? i recall patrik saying that Carmina is one of the best values in shoe. i completely agree with him

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I haven't owned any Carmina, I have just fondled them quite a bit at my local retailer. I agree that they are a great value, but the build quality is not there compared to my EG. IMHO.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ EG build quailty isnt $600 better thats for fucking sure. Eg wont last longer either. they only feel $600 better because we've paid $600 more

it is crazy.the 25% carmina suede ucap mto downpayment is less than $100

1 person likes this.
  5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

SF fight...!!! :lurk: :slapfight: :lurk:

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Could be.
    I didn't realize your question was combative in nature. I thought you were asking my opinion and not looking for an answer you already had in mind.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

its not a fight with you tifosi. i love my eg and carmina alike. i think maybe need to get banned from this site. could we vote me off the island? i find my tone is increasingly skeptical and negative. like a job ive outgrown, i feel like i need to move on. but i dont know what else id do with myself while taking a shit

8. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

@othertravelSomething to consider is free shipping kicks in at 8000 sek so you'll probably need 3 Carminas or a carmina and stock EG to push it over. That's when the deal is really sweet.

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You are definitely grumpy.

1 person likes this.
  10. JubeiSpiegel

All i can think about when i read comments like that is "Hmm, what would DW say?" I feel you though, you know you have been on SF too long when you can see the quibbles coming... :hide:

11. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

In my experiences Carminas are definitely great shoes but I can tell a reasonable difference between them and Gaziano and Girlings. I have 3 or 4 pairs of Carminas so I can compare them. I'd have to say currently they are the best value in higher end mens shoes. Definitely not a $600 difference but I'll still be ordering predominately G&G and EGs.

I'd consider a leather U-Cap boot for sure from Carmina as well as a few other models. Just waiting for the GMTOs or pre-orders to be announced.

12. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're bringing in a new brand late April, maybe you can browse those while...yeah.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

@ JS
    @ Tifosi

i love the shoes. i dislike the mindless and increasingly misinformed or uneducated opinions of the internet: broad sweeping statements, poor brand comparisons and value judgments. Sf surely isnt immune to this. gah. i know ive done the same, with 18,000+ posts ive probably done it more than most. but still you cant help but bang your head against the wall

2 people like this.
  14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

^ Shots fired.. More info?

St.C?

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I'd be grumpy too if I were him. Look how many posts he has. That is a lot of time on the toilet bowl.

1 person likes this.
  16. filangler

filangler Senior member

Come on now @Leaves don't keep us hanging here. Spill the beans.... Saint Crispin's? [​IMG]

17. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Cole Haan?

1 person likes this.
  18. JubeiSpiegel

C&J for Leaves Collection?

VASS...?

19. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Different query:

Carmina Snuff Suede. Would you consider this a mid brown, so darker enough in town with mid-gray trousers? Anyone with a pic of such a combo?

Thanks

20. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Maybe it's just some new ties or shoe care? Ha! You have to stay tuned! I ain't sayin nuffin'!

4 people like this.