• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jakda

Reaction score
I would like to propose a gmto for the Carmina 80092 balmoral boot on the elusive Robert last.

I'll email Skoaktiebolaget once we reach 6 interested members.

Currently interested members:

For museum: @laufer @itraxx ,
For Dark Brown: @appoooh
Members who don't mind either colour (I'm assuming): @fllick , @JARB , @Dieg0

Potentially interested members:

@j ingevaldsson , @aglose , @appoooh (depending on pictures or tannery of museum calf or maybe not at al)

Interested members please quote and add your name in.Thank you.

Price: 3120 sek for either brown calf or brown museum calf.
Specs: 80092 balmoral boot
eyelets: 10: 6 blind 4 speed hooks
colour: dark brown, museum calf (I'm fine with either and will go with the majority)
Soles: Dainite rubber soles

The boot looks like this

photo from skoak. 80092 in robert last

in this colour

or this colour
Are we talking full calf or do you guys want the top half in suede (like the second picture).
I'd potentially interested in the half calf, half suede version.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I would like to know first where Carmina sources its museum calf.

I am interested in combo model with dark brown suede top not snuff suede as dark brown suede is darker than snuff suede.

Carmina will not disclose where they source Museum Calf.

Dieg0

Reaction score

Are we talking full calf or do you guys want the top half in suede (like the second picture).
I'd potentially interested in the half calf, half suede version.

It is a full calf Balmoral. We are still hesitating between dark brown calf and on the other side brown museum calf.
I like the dark brown more.

All Tatters

Reaction score
All the people wondering what Carmina's brown museum calf looks like should just wait for the arrival of the brown cap toes which should be due this month @ Skoak.

I might buy them myself and if I do I'll post detailed pictures once they've arrived.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd probably wait if I were you guys. Fake museum calf is horribl and nothing compared to the real deal in regards to mottling

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cow/Calf leather is so ubiquitous that I doubt most people care where it was sourced. I actually feel places like Meermin are pushing to inform customers of where their leathers were sourced in order to gain market share and build it's reputation among new customers. The more well-known and established brands probably don't need to do this.

P.S. I don't think Carmina is expensive at all but rather a tremendous value. I guess I can blame SF for changing the way I perceive value.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin named their source for museum but Carmina did not? Curious
I know Meermin used to source from Ilcea Radica but last I checked they haven't mentioned where their latest museum calf was being sourced from. To be fair John Lobb and even Kent Wang mentions in their shoe descriptions where they source. I just assume if a brand doesn't reveal their source then chances are it's probably not from Ilcea Radica. Only when it comes to shell cordovan am I very picky where it's sourced. Pretty much it has to come from Horween LoL

fllick

Reaction score
I would like to propose a gmto for a full calf Carmina 80092 balmoral boot on the elusive Robert last.

Since Carmina does not disclose their museum calf source, I'll just proceed with dark brown calf.

Currently interested members: @fllick , @appoooh , @Dieg0 , @JARB

colour: dark brown

The boot looks like this

I've emailed Gabriel from Skoaktiebolaget and it seems that Carmina does not have a catalogue of leather colours. There are 2 shades of brown to choose from according to him.

Vegano marron below

Or dark brown below

Cheers

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Cross-post from the G&G thread:

Maiden voyage of the Hatch grain Hoves from Skoak:

fllick

Reaction score
I would like to propose a gmto for a full calf Carmina 80092 balmoral boot on the elusive Robert last.

Since Carmina does not disclose their museum calf source, I'll just proceed with dark brown calf.

JUST REQUIRE 2 MORE MEMBERS and we're good to go

The boot looks like this

I've emailed Gabriel from Skoaktiebolaget and it seems that Carmina does not have a catalogue of leather colours. There are 2 shades of brown to choose from according to him.

Vegano marron below

Or dark brown below

Cheers

Dieg0

Reaction score

JUST REQUIRE 2 MORE MEMBERS and we're good to go

The boot looks like this

Vegano marron below

Or dark brown below

Cheers

I'm still in, I have a slight preference for the vegano. But I'm fine with the dark brown too. Come on, thesis an MTO you don't want to miss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads