• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ecwy

Reaction score
Wanted to post some pictures of the Bolet wholecuts I got from our friends in Sweden. The sizing didn't work out (see my sig) but damn if they're not sexy as hell and I'm impressed with the finishing and quality. When I was ordering, I couldn't get a great handle on Bolet and where it was in the light-mid-dark brown spectrum. Decided to snap some pics next to Doak Galways to give a better sense for the color.

Underrated colour.. I think I like it more than Etrusco.

Would also like to own a Meleze one day.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one Bonafe style that I'm considering taking the plunge for. I skipped the EB MTO promotion earlier this year, and while it was not a big deal to me, the seamless and normal wholecuts are stunning.

Someone convince me to try the Bonafe. EGs remain my favorite, but my appreciation for Bonafe continues to grow.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Underrated colour.. I think I like it more than Etrusco.

Would also like to own a Meleze one day.

Perhaps you would like to join in our Vitello Meleeze jodhpur MTO?
Hmmm... though I think you might already have a burgundy pair.

Any makeups you have in mind for Bolet?

ecwy

Reaction score

I am trying to go on a shoe diet
redface.gif
Not keen on the Jodphur but thanks for asking!

In Bolet, I would probably consider a semi brogue captoe derby but was thinking of doing with Josh when he is ready. Other crazy ideas are something with the Betis Brunello / Hidro Schiefer (EB's brogue wingtip oxford boot) though I have no idea why I would need a purple/grey boot.

Most recent awesome example I've seen posted of captoe semi brogue is the one by nutcracker in the oakroom thread.

Quote:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been pondering an adelaide or a lazy man in Bolet. That's the calf color I've been most drawn to - just can't figure out what I "need."

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been pondering an adelaide or a lazy man in Bolet. That's the calf color I've been most drawn to - just can't figure out what I "need."
Ah crap, the etrusco lazyman GMTO is good to go so I can't do that.
There is actually an ongoing preorder for an Adelaide in Bolet on SkoaB's website. You should get in on it.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I was thinking to get the MH71 last (less rounded than GG06 or softly chiseled) in 9 F width. GG standard E width seems to be narrow for a boot.  Have you checked your size already? Furthermore, I would prefer a double sole (leather or Dainite) and blind eyelets (I believe it is more elegant for this boot).  With or without storm welt (not a problem for me). What do you guys think?

Leaves, are those 10.800 SEK all inclusive to EU members?.  Thanks.

10800 SEK ex VAT. 13500 SEK including VAT.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I was thinking to get the MH71 last (less rounded than GG06 or softly chiseled) in 9 F width. GG standard E width seems to be narrow for a boot.  Have you checked your size already? Furthermore, I would prefer a double sole (leather or Dainite) and blind eyelets (I believe it is more elegant for this boot).  With or without storm welt (not a problem for me). What do you guys think?

Leaves, are those 10.800 SEK all inclusive to EU members?.  Thanks.

I think we can only have one width on GMTO. I take E width.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot @laufer and @Leaves. It is a pity GG only allows one width for GMTO´s, so I am afraid I will not to take the risk going for a E width in that boot taking into account the cost of it.

@Laufer & @Montecristo905: No chance at all with an F width?. Thick socks or an insole are perfect accesories for that boot
satisfied.gif

@Leaves. I am the one leading the crazy spanish GMTO for that outstanding EB boot in the 36799 last that has been ordered. If not possible in this occasion, the Thorpe will be the next pair with you.

Cheers.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great pictures @fairlynerdy. Sorry to hear the size did not work out.

Thanks Patrik. I'll be back for another pair in the right size soon. +1 for great service from Gabriel in helping me figure it out.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot @laufer
 It is a pity GG only allows one width for GMTO´s, so I am afraid I will not to take the risk going for a E width in that boot taking into account the cost of it.

No chance at all with an F width?.  Thick socks or an insole are perfect accesories for that boot :satisfied: .

Probably not. I have a pair of GG boots in wide width and they seem too large for my feet. I would probably stick with the E width this time.
It does not look like we are getting a traction on this GMTO, so far only three of us are confirmed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads