• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you take the same size in both?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would do that exact shoe, down to the purple lining if necessary (I don't care what color the lining is). I guess we just need (at least) 3 more!

I'm in! So just need another two now.

@Darkside can you take over organizing this project sine it was your idea? I have my hands full with the Carmina chukkas project.

ecwy

Reaction score
I take 0.5 size down for 363 MOD to 804 for shoes mainly due to higher instep on 363 MOD causing heel slip. Boots I can take the same size but probably would size down 0.5 the next time.

363 MOD is definitely wider.

Edit:
363 MOD - 173 - 804 all in same size

Last edited:

IGotId

Reaction score
I am wondering is there anyone else like me who has not receive their Bonafe MTO from January promotion?

I ordered 2 pairs. Skoak has received one & are waiting on the last pair.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am wondering is there anyone else like me who has not receive their Bonafe MTO from January promotion?

I'm waiting for mine as well. I ordered at the last possible moment though. When did you order? We'll need to wait until the Bonafe factory re-opens in mid-August after their summer solstice. Timing kinda sucks though as I have a Thorpe pre-order scheduled to arrive in August as well. I was hoping to spread out the pain.

Skell6009

Reaction score
did you take the same size in both?
Yes, 8 UK in both, but the 363 MOD is much roomier in the forefoot. I need to wear thicker socks with the 363 MOD boots.

I wear 8 UK in Carmina Rain. 804 fits very similarly to Rain, except 804 has a slightly higher instep.

wengxiah

Reaction score
opps....Ofcourse 363MOD. I thought I remember the number, but evidently I don't))))

i too think the 363mod looks a bit
shog[1].gif

especially on button boots
but, if the welt could be trimmed closer, i believe i would then have different pov.
this is the place i am talking about

Last edited:

grunberg

Reaction score
i too think the 363mod looks a bit
shog%5B1%5D.gif

especially on button boots
but, if the welt could be trimmed closer, i believe i would then have different pov.
this is the place i am talking about

I speak of button boots first of all also, as they suppose to be elegant. And this last seems .... made for jumper boots
biggrin.gif
But I wonder.... May be they look another thing in person?.... As the matter with Vass F last. They do not look very elegant on pictures, but in real life they are beauty. When I have receaved my F Vass EO2, I decided to order another pair on F last shoes straight away.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ I have to disagree in regards of the 363/363MOD last. It's a very well balanced and classic last and the button boot a very classic style, worn mostly up until the 40s-50s I believe. A too modern last would make it a bit flashy, but that's just my personal opinion.

The way Enzo Bonafè makes hand welted shoes, the sole is not cut super close to the vamp. Call it the house cut if you like. If you want a slimmer look then you should consider making them in Blake construction.

grunberg

Reaction score
^^ I have to disagree in regards of the 363/363MOD last. It's a very well balanced and classic last and the button boot a very classic style, worn mostly up until the 40s-50s I believe. A too modern last would make it a bit flashy, but that's just my personal opinion.

The way Enzo Bonafè makes hand welted shoes, the sole is not cut super close to the vamp. Call it the house cut if you like. If you want a slimmer look then you should consider making them in Blake construction.

They are definately well balanced... I only mean their widness and very round nose.

But same time, may be it's a part of a balance. They are BUTTON boots and must have rather high instep too, otherwise they will have fit problems very often.

I am not sure they would fit me even with their high instep. I can't lace up 100% on my 946 oxfords, small gap is present. And with buttons you can't leave gap
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads