• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How dark is Carmina's brown suede? Can somebody show side by side comparisons with other shades of suede? I'm thinking brown suede is on the darker end of Carmina's spectrum.

The darker the shade of suede, the more formal?

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just paid my depost for EB Balmoral boots!

I chose this model (3540):

on this last (946):

in all Bracken musuem calf:

With following specs:

Model 3540 balmoral boot on 946 last
Delete cap toe
Add medallion 'Cat' (Go big or go home!)
4 eyelets + 4 speed hooks in brass
Hand-welted 270 degrees
Single leather sole
Beveled waist
Purple sock liner
Custom insole inscription

Thanks to they guys at Skoak for their amazingly responsive customer service and to all you StyleForum guys for inspiration.
The wait begins!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Inspired by your design, I just paid a deposit for the following:

Model 3540 balmoral boot on 946 last
Plain toe
All pewter museum calf
8 visible black eyelets
Hand-welted 270 degrees
Double leather sole with flush metal toe taps
Natural sock liner

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How dark is Carmina's brown suede? Can somebody show side by side comparisons with other shades of suede? I'm thinking brown suede is on the darker end of Carmina's spectrum. 

It's very dark. That's why we introduced Polo, this is warmer and lighter but still dark enough to be versatile. Suede will never be formal, but yes, IMO the darker the more formal.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@leaves What time is the cutoff on Saturday to participate the EB MTO?

steveoly

Reaction score

@leaves What time is the cutoff on Saturday to participate the EB MTO?

Pulled this from an email:
Please note that our Enzo Bonafé MTO Promo ends on January 31, 16.00 CET (4 a.m).
Edit: It was pointed out that while it says 16:00, it also says AM, so I guess I am not sure.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My EG cleared customs. Please come today or tomorrow!!!

mine cleared Monday and I still don have them...going on almost two weeks since the package was sent. The snow stork delayed things about 48 hours but the USPS service has been deplorable on this shipment. Zero fault at all of Skoak of course, just venting about shipping frustrations

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

mine cleared Monday and I still don have them...going on almost two weeks since the package was sent. The snow stork delayed things about 48 hours but the USPS service has been deplorable on this shipment. Zero fault at all of Skoak of course, just venting about shipping frustrations 

Your footwear gets delivered via Stork?!? I think someone needs to be given "The Talk".

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think any suede is formal. Not in the traditional sense anyway. Unless we are talking about a balmoral boot with suede shaft, and calf upper combination.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have any comparison shots to offer, but it is a dark brown - not what I would call a medium brown - and definitely an easy pairing with business wear.

standard.jpg

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any comparison shots to offer, but it is a dark brown - not what I would call a medium brown - and definitely an easy pairing with business wear.

Nice. Is that the color they call "ante marrón"? I just ordered a pair of wholecuts in that shade of suede the other day.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Is that the color they call "ante marrón"? I just ordered a pair of wholecuts in that shade of suede the other day.

Thanks. I believe that's what it's called, but really they only have the one shade of dark brown suede so I'm sure that's what you're getting. Looks great in a double monk and a chukka too, IMO.

luc13

Reaction score

standard.jpg

so classy and beautyful

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a plain captoe in the dark brown suede and I wear it with suits all the time. I think it's about as close to the formal end of the suede spectrum as you can get, especially if the last is sleek and design fairly plain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads