• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

earnest

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing another round of MTO's for the Galway? Maybe on the 888 last?
The Galway is only made on the 82 and 64 lasts and (I think) the 202 last. 888 is not an option I'm afraid. The Nevis boot is similar and can be done on 888.

sdolina

Reaction score
I've definetely seen Galways on 888 on ebay, not sure if that was MTO model or not.

PS This is a pic:

Last edited:

earnest

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've definetely seen Galways on 888 on ebay, not sure if that was MTO model or not.

PS This is a pic:

EG seem to have changed their MTO policy in the past year or so. There have been models we have asked for on different lasts and they simply say no. It seems now they prefer to keep the shape of the toe intact - usually a 202 can be made on 82 but not on 888 for example. The Top Drawer program is more flexible but only allows for single leather soles.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves,

Can you please check for us what lasts are available for Galway MTO so we know what we can get.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves,

Can you please check for us what lasts are available for Galway MTO so we know what we can get.

I just spoke to Edward Green and they strongly recommend that we do the Galway on either the 82 or 64 last. As Earnest suggests, EG have started to by very particular which lasts they make up their models in, it seems they were more flexible a few years back.

I have forwarded the question a bit higher up in the EG command chain and I hope to receive an answer by the end of next week.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree , I have the Galway boots in the 82,202 and 64 last, love them all but do not think it will look very nice on the 888.
IMHO the 202 is a nice option to go for can be worn more and is more versatile ,
This is on the 64 last

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves or Earnest, why did you choose Dainite over York sole for the boots (Blue Calf)?

We're going to phase out the York soles because they posed a bit of a problem in production. For this fall we will use three different soles for our rubber soled Carmina shoes and that's the good ol' fashioned Dainite, Commando soles and a sole called Tomir and this is similar to the York but more dressy.

Commando sole:

Tomir sole:

Concub1ne

Reaction score
Would love some pics from the G&G trunk show. Would have liked to attend, but alas, didn't find the time.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomir sole:
I have a loafer MTO with Tomir soles inbound, and I was hoping to break the news to the forum once they arrive... but you beat me to the punch!
biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, what was the issue with York soles? They always struck me as too bulky for anything but boots.

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to buy a pair of G&G or EG shoes but have not idea how my size, 8.5UK in Carmina Rain Last, translates to their sizes/lasts? I know I want a pair of G&G Rothschild full brogue in antique chestnut and EG Inverness and Beaulieu in Burgundy Antique and Malvern 202 Brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads