• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I like the first one a lot better, beautiful deep blue colour, and like dieworkwear said, the workwear-esque styling work a lot better for me. Never been a fan of the Drugstore Cowboy/Near Dark aesthetic.

Opposite for me

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've both got interesting fabrics. The Nine Lives is actually multicolored up close. Something like 6 or 7 different colors of yarn, though it mostly shows on the underside. Wouldn't be surprised to see some crazy fades.

Shadow_of_Country_Denim_Jacket_4_2000x.jpg

The BBS denim is just supposed to be heavy as **** and has his usual dye stuff going on.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patience? Now what fun is that?

Seriously, though, thanks for the input, all. I think you've convinced me the Nine Lives is the better jacket, which makes me all the more confident that my reservation is because it wouldn't work with the other stuff I have. Which is a very valuable insight.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tommy flag fleece, kinda want it...
Just wish the sleeves where a tad shorter

52244E84-6C7E-45A6-85B5-A5A732302699.jpeg

B0FDF8FF-B047-4EF0-9692-80E278809D32.jpeg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like those without the transparent panels, which feel a bit cheesy to me. The colors are nice, and the shape is decent. Could work well in a very hypebeasty fit.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I passed on so many margiela knits with the elbow patches and I sort of regret it now.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
the problem of the elbows is that it asks to match with another piece of the same color, eg a light blue jeans or a cream/white chinos will look strange. it also gives a more adult and informal look, and less casual.IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads