• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on use. The Raf is an interesting cut, but it isn't a staple. The Jil would probably be more versatile

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
99% sure it's drop 6
They have drop 8 suits

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with raf's post 05 pieces but people on these boards seem to claim that quality of fabric and construction dropped quite a bit..? at least for the raf runway pieces. the jil runway pieces I have from 07 and 08 are all very solid.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Quality on 07-09 is superior.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...~~~~/14903.jsp

navy color

I've never bought a button down jcrew before, I usually aim for more higher end. But I just spent a butt load on 5 jay kos shirts, and my fiancee told me this week she wished I had more plaid. So this looked like a good cheaper alternative.

Any experience with them? I'm a small guy, so I'm hoping the small will be semi slim-fitting at least.

I'd suggest Baron-Wells instead. They're on sale at Gilt right now for about the same as J.Crew shirts retail, and the sale includes some checked/plaid shirts - plus the quality and fit is way better than J.Crew. Fits short and slim, though not quite as tight as Boo.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Quality on 07-09 is superior.

clarified. for some reason I forgot "raf" in the middle there. anyway, I was talking about raf decreasing in quality (not I don't personally know if this is true). I have a lovely knit from 05 or so that is fantastic in most respects.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FLOR-MZ7_V2.jpg
FLOR-MZ7_V5.jpg
FLORSHEIM BY DUCKIE BROWN... under $200

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
i dislike the toe, but its really your choise.

Agreed, don't like overall Florsheim quality these past years either... don't really like that design either, would be better off as a blutcher if you're doing the contrasting soles. I'd look into Tricker's if you can afford spending a good bit more. Depending on your foot size they have a navy blutcher with contrasting sole similar to that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads