• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

HollyJoint

Reaction score
patagonia-better-sweater.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially Bear or Lehman ??

krudsma

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the brand Labour Union? It seems like they have decently priced RRL-type stuff. I'm on the hunt for a Karakoram esque down parka and am trying to decide between these two:

Frizmworks:
f866a175d870f4702264f6108f3c5e30.jpg

Labour Union:
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 1.33.40 PM.png

I love the look of the Nigel Cabourn Everest, the Drake's Expedition Parka, and the vintage Eddie Bauer Karakoram, all of which are north of $1,000 - more than I can afford.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would go with the Nanamica unless you already wear Byborre or a comparable esthetic.

IMO, the Nanamica will be easier to wear with a variety of things. If you don’t care about that or are fine with something more specific, you can consider the one from Byborre instead.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On its own maybe the Byborre, as a layering piece I would go with the Nanamica but that’s just me.
I would go with the Nanamica unless you already wear Byborre or a comparable esthetic.

IMO, the Nanamica will be easier to wear with a variety of things. If you don’t care about that or are fine with something more specific, you can consider the one from Byborre instead.
Yeah, that's exactly how I've been breaking the choice down. I'd tend to default to the Nanamica as well because of the easier layering potentials, but have actually been wearing a decent amount of Byborre lately. It's gone from being a brand I didn't even take a second glance at--just not at all in line with other things I wear--to something I now reach for regularly, and so am trying to force into my wardrobe. It's actually easier to integrate than I would have expected, but still not seamless. The question, I suppose, is whether seamlessness is the goal. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Last edited:

Racing Green

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the brand Labour Union? It seems like they have decently priced RRL-type stuff. I'm on the hunt for a Karakoram esque down parka and am trying to decide between these two:

Frizmworks:
View attachment 1668097

Labour Union:
View attachment 1668098

I love the look of the Nigel Cabourn Everest, the Drake's Expedition Parka, and the vintage Eddie Bauer Karakoram, all of which are north of $1,000 - more than I can afford.

Limited sizes of the Frizmworks on big discount here - https://allbluescostore.com/product/frizmworks-karakoram-parka-orange/

krudsma

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics