• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Yes

Yes or no to use casually?

948130.jpg

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I’m in the right thread, but I need a pair of jeans for thick thighs.

Right now I wear naked & famous easy guys, and I don’t like how much they taper from the knee down.

I need something that fits like the orslow 105 from the knee down but more room in the thigh.

Anywhere in particular I should look? I already checked the JNCOs website

I too have lusciously meaty thighs and I swear by the Orslow 107s, I think they fit better than the 105s for these purposes.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fwiw I picked up the Drakes to see how they are. I tried OrSlow a few times and never can get the fit right. I want to like them. Thanks for the heads up @armellod.e

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried on some Drakes in London and the waist had a good 3"+ in them while the thighs were stuffed :( So far the Uniqlo regular fit tapered has been the best go. I've picked up four pairs as I've been looking for a jean with that cut for what feels like three years and they are the first to do a very large front rise without an extremely aggressive taper (like the N&F and 3sixteen I've tried).

Going by measurements 107 would be a miss too.

I wear Sugar Cane 1947s, they do not taper at all. Have a ton of room in the top block though. But when I was in Japan I saw a ton of people rocking big leg openings and letting it drape. Was a bit inspired so have been doing the same.

I'm off to do some paused squats for sets of 15, that's mostly why I have this problem.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From my observations the OrSlow offerings seem to vary in terms of QC and therefore fit. Some places list a size 4 Ivy Fit (107) with a 7" taper while other stores have it listed at 7.5". I've tried size three in 107 and 105. 105 fits just fine if not slightly larger, may need to go up to size 4 for 107. Going to go through the entire list of denim DWW discussed and see what fits best. Then, need to figure out how to get rid of the donuts because some of the inseams are ridiculous.

MeatFish

Reaction score
The 107 shouldn’t fit looser in the thigh than the 105 in the same size. I have pairs of both, all in the same size, and the 107 is for sure a slim fit from thigh to leg opening. I wouldn’t recommend it if thigh space is a usual issue.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Coldsnap
I may, still have the Uniqlo U jeans that I like and should fit better in a F/W outfit with big coats. I'm looking for more exact fit (i.e. slightly slimmer in the thighs, higher front rise, and slight taper). The Drakes' jeans have a 20cm+ taper, which may be too wide for what I am thinking. I'd like to stay between 7.75" - 8" taper if possible. 19cm sounds good too.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 107 shouldn’t fit looser in the thigh than the 105 in the same size. I have pairs of both, all in the same size, and the 107 is for sure a slim fit from thigh to leg opening. I wouldn’t recommend it if thigh space is a usual issue.
Awesome, thank you. Do you have to size up at all?
Big thighed one reporting in. 107 measurements don’t seem especially rotund. Does the high rise give way to a larger top block?

Maybe the high rise? I have the 107 washed selvedge, moleskin and black denim and they really fit great.

The two year wash is slimmer though.

?‍♂️

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty
I haven’t worn jeans in years due to lifting and not being able to find a pair that fit comfortably. Saw that Uniqlo had the new regular tapered on sale for 10 dollars (!) so I ordered two pairs in length 34” in different colors. Can also report back how they fit.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to toss out a suggestion. I have two pairs of Anglo-Italian jeans and love them (light wash and white). Similar cut to the 107s but more room in the thigh. I found the 107s too slim and these fit really well. I like them so much I’ll probably get the dark wash once it’s restocked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads