• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THOM-BROWNE...7561017?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53efecd439

Black Fleece Scotch grain conistons

These have been a mini grail for me from a while ago, but looking at it now something seems off, especially when compared to Epaulet x Carmina
tumblr_mcf306BFJJ1qa5p47o1_500.jpg

Banana Cognac

Reaction score
Yep--they are shiny but not as prominent in that photo--I have the black as well--I wear them to work most days and with the rubber sole they are quite comfy to walk around in.
Burgandy is a great colour as it matches with just about everything.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Probably skipping the Epaulet shirt I posted earlier.

Anyway, I'm lookin' at this guy, right here:

The W+H jersey blazer I tried on from last season kind of sucked, but I think I heard better things about this one.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The marled jersey one last season fit so tiny. I was shocked

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
That's the one I tried on, and I thought the material was pretty lame and the cut was horrible. It was cut slim but with low armholes, so if you wore it buttoned you couldn't lift your arms. Returned post-haste with nary a look back.

corneliusparky

Reaction score

Yep--they are shiny but not as prominent in that photo--I have the black as well--I wear them to work most days and with the rubber sole they are quite comfy to walk around in.
Burgandy is a great colour as it matches with just about everything.

How's the sizing? Regular CP size or -1? Thanks.

Richard23

Reaction score

Have this one in my sights. This would be my first Post O'alls royal traveler. Found this one online and can't seem to NOT love it. I could hold off and search for a solid; but this just looks beautiful.

However, it seems fairly limited in what I might wear it with. I know a chambray or white oxford would definitely work. Maybe blue check or gingham... stripes.

Any opinions/ideas style forum?

Thanks!

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went -1 from reg CP sizing but I am usually a 45. TOG has found that CP sizing is more TTS in larger sizes and more oversized in smaller sizes so take my advice with a grain of salt
How's the sizing? Regular CP size or -1? Thanks.

nowiremember

Reaction score

That's the one I tried on, and I thought the material was pretty lame and the cut was horrible. It was cut slim but with low armholes, so if you wore it buttoned you couldn't lift your arms. Returned post-haste with nary a look back.

I have one in black from a few seasons ago.. ive worn it one time.. pretty thick material.. been debating getting rid of it..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads