• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I buy this RLBL

oaw01

Reaction score
It's a charcoal check type pattern. However, it's the wide lapel and I don't know if it would work on me. It's on sale for a good price - orig $1895 down to under $500. Update: I purchased the RLBL - I like the fit. However, the lapel is still 50/50. Is it possible to alter the lapels? thanks Pics are bad - it's from my cell.
rlblab.jpg
rlblaa.jpg
rlbla.jpg

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is great, but that is the only good thing I have to say about that suit.

The jacket does not look that bad on you - but those Lapels are .... funky.

Newlaw

Reaction score
Would you buy this if it wasn't RLBL for $500?

The answer is probably no... so I wouldn't buy it. It fits well, but the lapels are weird. Is this the only RLBL coat/suit there that is significantly discounted? If so, that should tell you something.

I just fell into this trap with shoes. Great English name for an amazing price. When they arrived however, I knew I made a mistake. They just aren't something I will actually end up wearing. Even at a great price, they were a waste of money.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as the suit goes, I think the lapels look really odd when paired with your jeans and t-shirt. However, with the suit pants, a shirt and tie I don't think it would be that bad. I looked at a similarly styled suit at Barney's Warehouse Sale in stripes. I thought it looked alright and might have bought it at the $500 price point, but wasn't going for the $700 they were charging.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually quite like those lapels. I agree that the jeans and T are throwing it off. I'd say buy it

Opermann

Reaction score
I feel like the chest is pulling, creating more of a U shape. And maybe it's the angle, but the waist suppression seems a bit much.

oaw01

Reaction score
It's bloomies but not in San Fran. I think I'll pick it up and take new pics with the pants and shirt.
It's the last one left in my size. The selection is very limited. I'll drop the the RL store and see if there are anything left.

They definitely made RLBL alot slimmer. I'm wearing a 38R and I'm a 38s.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that it is pulling betwen the shoulder blades. I don't mind the lapels and think the silhoutte looks good on you. Paired with the rights shirt and tie, you will look good from the front.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
It's bloomies but not in San Fran. I think I'll pick it up and take new pics with the pants and shirt.
It's the last one left in my size. The selection is very limited. I'll drop the the RL store and see if there are anything left.

They definitely made RLBL alot slimmer. I'm wearing a 38R and I'm a 38s.

Yes, I typically wear a 40R in RLBL but in that cut I had to try a 40L. So which Bloomies is it, DC? Doesn't look like Lex or Chicago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads