• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorts and a Blazer

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is HIGH CAMP DOLL and [COLOR=FF00AA]****[/COLOR] - yes thats right I said it ****. :nodding:
Lose the SC. Lose the PS. Lose the sunglasses (how can you see your cellphone screen)
and... boys with handbags... dont know where this is all headed personally. Brief case yes, but handbag no.... I don't think so!! Definitely not cool for boys to wear handbags.

Hand bag or a bag for something else? Around here when shopping stores put bought items in a bag or more.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But even in some banks some males could do this and look correct as attitudes have certainly changed considerably in the last 50 years.

There are always plenty of males that need to wear long pants, but those who don't need to this is a nice break.

I've seen this done at banks such as the Bank of N. T. Butterfield & Son Limited. They have offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and of course Bermuda. And yes, this look could expand to include other locations where temperature and humidity run high.

As you note, times change and dress changes with it. The look of today's business garb is quite different from what it was when I was a boy. It has been forever changing over the years and in recent times that change has occurred at an ever faster clip. This is not to say that every change is for the better, but one would think that in today's fast-paced world -- where the new is sometimes 'old' even before its introduction -- that change would be less intimidating. Sadly some (and I'm thinking especially of those who respond rudely) will forever cling tightly to what they know as a safe haven -- a security blanket of sorts -- as change for them seems frightening on some level. I suppose that due to human insecurities and a limited exposure to the greater world, there will always be those who want desperately to remain tightly locked within their small microcosm of familiarit with it's rather limited horizon.

Now, as to shorts ... we do have cloth today that isn't as heavy as it was in times past. We have materials that are more 'breathable.' From that point of view, shorts are less necessary than they might have been in past years. Still, when done correctly, it's a great look.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is HIGH CAMP DOLL and [COLOR=FF00AA]****[/COLOR] - yes thats right I said it ****. :nodding:
Lose the SC. Lose the PS. Lose the sunglasses (how can you see your cellphone screen)
and... boys with handbags... dont know where this is all headed personally. Brief case yes, but handbag no.... I don't think so!! Definitely not cool for boys to wear handbags.

I think you are running late for your Neo-Natzi rally.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think you are running late for your Neo-Natzi rally.

Damn, Now why did you go bring politics into this. No dear, politics and sexualtiy are not the same thing, Ok

Oh, and... did you mean Nazi, rather stick to words you know about can spell,

The unknown is fraught (look that one up, yes that means google it to you) with danger for the unwashed masses.

Luddite

Reaction score

Oh, come on, darling. Crass homophobia is so 90s.

Welcome to the horrible new world where men can dress like dandies without even worrying a tiny bit if they might be mistaken for queer.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, Now why did you go bring politics into this. No dear, politics and sexualtiy are not the same thing, Ok
Oh, and... did you mean Nazi, rather stick to words you know about can spell,
The unknown is fraught (look that one up, yes that means google it to you) with danger for the unwashed masses.

SF and the Blackberry Bold don't mix well as the screen is too small to see what you are typing.

However, I'm glad that you can get caught up on a pointless fat finger and miss the point that if he chooses to have a different lifestyle than the one you project to the public you see a problem with it. Being that you are from South Africa, I'm surprised that you don't express your "concerns" with his other attributes. Perhaps it was thinly veiled in your sexual orientation comment.

Oh, come on, darling. Crass homophobia is so 90s.
Welcome to the horrible new world where men can dress like dandies without even worrying a tiny bit if they might be mistaken for queer.

This.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

recondite

Reaction score
Why do men dress like boys?

Boys at play:

Last edited:

sborg

Reaction score
In a parallel universe maybe the shorts and blazer look for men can work in a corporate setting.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And to anyone who can read a list of airfield codes!
Yes, but as with anything those who matter are the one's who know as a result of their daily life and not from reading a list.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized