• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in LA

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to LA in several years. I'll be in Beverly Hills toward the
end of the month. Any suggestions for non trendy, non fashionista
shopping? I know Shop the Finest. My taste is trad a la Paul Stuart.

pendragon

Reaction score
If you are staying in the BH, Rodeo Drive is at your disposal.

Otherwise, perhaps Carroll & Co on N. Canon Dr.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short recommendation: Bev Hills track + Wilshire NM, Saks, Barneys stops AND Shop the Finest in nearby Santa Monica.

STP is not far from BH (2 miles or so on Purdue Ave). The shop is substantially larger than the former SM shop - I'd strongly advise scheduling a visit. Huge inventory of attolini, brunello, Finamore, Kiton, borrelli, sutor and lobb shoes (Lobbs were particularly well priced - under $600 If I recall). Seriously, Ian's shop will hurt your wallet.

Otherwise, Wilshire blvd in BH gives you Neiman Marcus, Saks Mens Store and Barneys all next to each other. You'll get a decent selection of Isaia, Kiton, Brunello, Charvet, Berluti, Bontoni, Lanvin, Corthay, Lobb. Inside rodeo there's the only west-coast Isaia store, berluti boutique (opens in August I think) brunello, Dior etc and all the watch stores.

those are all within walking distance to each other (STP is a short uber ride away).

Santa Monica Place has a big bloomingdales as does the Century city mall (worth visiting for the experience but not much in the way of deals). The SM mall of course has the 3rd street promenade which is tourist hell.

The next best concentration is South Coast Plaza in Orange county (1.5h drive down the 405 in non-traffic). It has roughly the same shops/brands as BH but in an indoor mall. There is a Saks Off Fifth adjacent to the mall which has some decent deals on Isaia jackets ($750 or so, 950 for suits) and about 100 kiton 7-fold ties for $29 each. I was there yesterday and picked up maybe 10 as the price was roughly what you'd normally pay for tax for the ties. **Note the buy-one get one free deal isn't required. If you buy just one, you get 40% of the lowest ticketed price.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads