• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes that EG makes for RLPL

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a list of shoes that Edward Green currently makes for RL?

I know of only one: Asquinth/Mackay

Any others?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They pretty much make all of the ones they previously made but ordered via RL as special order for something stupid like $1600. If you go to the mansion they're all pretty much still on the table.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
They pretty much make all of the ones they previously made but ordered via RL as special order for something stupid like $1600. If you go to the mansion they're all pretty much still on the table.

+1 - Eden, Grant, Mackay, Barksdale etc. The Chevy Chase store now only displays the Italian made Shoes. IMHO Better prices on the B&S (see the recent flood) and randomly Ebay.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might sound stupid but are RLPL shoes made by EG better or worse than "regular" EG shoes?

Cheers

jungshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
This might sound stupid but are RLPL shoes made by EG better or worse than "regular" EG shoes?

Cheers

as far as i can tell, the quality is the same. what i don't like about buying rl-branded shoes is that eg will refuse to recraft the shoes for you once the soles wear out. however, rlpl shoes typically go on significant discount at least once a year (i've kopped mackays for under $500), while eg sales (like the recent saks sale) are few and farther between.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jungshoe
as far as i can tell, the quality is the same. what i don't like about buying rl-branded shoes is that eg will refuse to recraft the shoes for you once the soles wear out. however, rlpl shoes typically go on significant discount at least once a year (i've kopped mackays for under $500), while eg sales (like the recent saks sale) are few and farther between.

not that I'm doubting you, but I've never heard of that before re: EG not recrafting RL branded shoes. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

If that is indeed the case that is disappointing.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about the neiman sale. What was so great about it, how did ppl find out about it and how often is it?

Cheers

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is wrong.

caldervale

Reaction score

Simon Crompton from Permanent Style had his RLPL EGs recrafted, and there are photos on his blog to prove it. Unless this was an absolute one off, I'm inclined to believe that recrafting by EG is entirely possible.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
EG will recraft any shoe originally made by them unless they have previously been recrafed by someone else.

+1

The same goes for all the manufacturers in Northampton

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads