• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoe experience at IKEA

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Can't forget about some good old lingonberry juice either. (Though I can't really do it as a drink, the jelly is pretty awesome)

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Since we're sharing, a female friend of mine saw my G&Gs and said, "Whoa. Fancy shoes." My wife chimes in: "He's really into shoes. Like a girl."

Friend: "So, do you have lots of Cole Haans?"
Me: "Cole Haans? Please."
Friend: "Why? too expensive?"
Me: <Laughter> these cost more than CH, since you brought up price.
Friend: Are you kidding? CHs are like $1,000. They're the best shoes there are [or something like that].
Me: If they make a $1,000 shoe, I've never seen it, and probably wouldn't wear it.
Friend: But they have Nike Air soles!
Me: So, tell me about your new job...

Conversations like this never end well. You generally end up looking like an idiot savant, a pretentious ass or a tool who spends way too much time and money on clothing. The same holds true with discussions about watches and probably every other hobby. I find it best to keep any discussion very superficial. BTW, inform your wife that Ahhnold refers to himseld as a "shoe queen", so the company's not that ****.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Surreal. It's like going to some nomadic tribe's camp in the desert and being asked if your jacket is canvassed.

LMAO
laugh.gif

Toorman

Reaction score
Agreed. These conversations are rarely enjoyable unless the individual making the &quot;nice shoes&quot; or &quot;nice watch&quot; or nice whatever comment is also wearing nice shoes or a nice watch or a nice whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads