• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe brag / Please help ID my EG's

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I have mentioned here before, I have a knack for getting good deals on Ebay through scouring mislisted / poorly described / otherwise lazy auctions. I have purchased used suede Tramezzas for under $50, new AE's for under $40, and vintage used shell cordovan Florsheim's for $0.99.
smile.gif

I put a sniper bid on an auction that seemed to get little attention with the intent to flip the seemingly narrow shoes should they go too cheap. Admittedly, I was secretly hoping they would fit but after cutting off two toes on my left foot I'm giving up on that mission.....
blush.gif

Here we have a pair of gently used EG's for the whopping price of $19.99. Actually, it seems that the reason my snipe was barely required was that I purchased Edwaerd Green's, which I assume isn't a brand in most people's Ebay search list.

After a good cleaning, some cream & polish, new laces and a thorough brogue cleaning (this took a long time) I present my $19.99 Edwaerd Green's. I am interested in the name of this shoe; I just love the broguing on them
inlove.gif
(I would sdo the leg work myself, but I figured that I was going to post anyhow and I'm sure half of you know it....
blush.gif

EG1.jpg

EG2.jpg

EG3.jpg

EG5.jpg

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice catch. My size too
smile.gif

No idea about the name/model though.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bic Pentameter
Here is a picture of the Windsor with different broguing and without the metal eyelets. http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/913/windsoraa7.jpg Bic
That picture is of the LL special edition from a couple of years ago. Here's the shoe as it appeared in an old EG catalogue:
15.jpg
(Picture cribbed from Centipede's wonderful website). The brogueing on the old Windsor differs considerably from how it was done on the LL special edition. Supposedly, EG no longer had the appropriate templates when the LL special edition shoe came along.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Thank you both. I like them better without the metal eyelets. I assume that the photograph shows a different last as well judging by the shape of the toe box.

The LL shoes were on the 888. These are on the 202.

I like the punch patterns on the originals better.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dunno if its intentional, but I like how the X-lacing matches the X-broguing
smile.gif

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
i dunno if its intentional, but I like how the X-lacing matches the X-broguing
smile.gif

I didn't notice that when I did it.
smile.gif
In my house that lacing pattern is known as the 'edmorel', as he had laced a pair of shoes he sent me in this fashion and I quite liked it.

sammy

Reaction score
Is the LL special edition Windsor still available through EG? I'm considering ordering these at the next trunk show.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
Is the LL special edition Windsor still available through EG? I'm considering ordering these at the next trunk show.

Tom Park at LeatherSole, Hawaii just got in a shipment of Windsor in bauxite on the 888. Call him, he's the man!

That's where I got mine!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKDKid
I remember that medallion......forum member pejsek's Westminsters.
Goodness, gracious, TKD Kid, your memory for shoe details is amazing!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

pejsek

Reaction score
Hey, I remember that medallion too! I must say I find Mr. Boogers' version of the Windsor here a truly stupendous shoe. The metal eyelets really work, putting the shoe squarely in the Country camp and avoiding all of that fence-straddling awkwardness. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these were some sort of private label deal which ended up out-Greening Green (the way many of the shoes EG made for Paul Stuart way back when did, Exhibit A being the ancient double monk pictured above). I have a version of the Falkirk which was made by EG for Nordstrom and it too has the metal eyelets.
Anyway, nice catch and brag on!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads