• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sheets on a budget.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a relatively broke guy that currently trying to find some decent sheets. I'll be living in a rather humid climate this summer, so my decision is based heavily on that. My previous experience in buying sheets is simply finding the cheapest. everything else was secondary. My budget is 150 all in, for a sheet, fitted sheet, and a pillow case. Of course, getting 2 decent sets for 75$ each is also an option. Previous threads on this topic were somewhat inconclusive for people in my financial range, and online review sites are always suspect; as people are idiots.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers L.R.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
go to a Marshall's or a TJ Maxx and get any of their cotton sheet sets for like $40/set, max, they range in brand from Calvin Klein to RL or other off brands and stuff. They're not rare luxury but they're really not bad at all, like 300 thread ct or more which feels good enough on the back, and by buying 2-3 sets you won't end up washing them threadbare too soon. The only downside is that you may have to look on a couple different days if you're looking for a specific color or something, since selection is random and favors the stuff that falls through the cracks to discount.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly there are neither of those options where I am, though I'll look into Canadian equivalents. Any online options I should check out? I know Overstock delivers to Canada, but I have no clue as to the quality of the brands within my range.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay. Search for resellers or jobbers from mall retailers. Avoid Pottery Barn (more likely to be fakes).

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah something from Overstock probably works. I always have difficulty sleeping but the sheets have never made a difference for me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Unfortunatly there are neither of those options where I am, though I'll look into Canadian equivalents. Any online options I should check out? I know Overstock delivers to Canada, but I have no clue as to the quality of the brands within my range.

Zellers?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For $150 you should be able to find some very nice sheets at a variety of places. However, I wouldn't blow you whole budget on a single set. It's good to have at least two so you can rotate them to limit wear and have a spare always on hand in case a set gets dirty.

In terms of sets for $75 each, check Overstock, Amazon, etc. I find Amazon has a much better return policy, but Overstock sometimes beats them in price for these types of items.

EDIT: FWIW, a while back I had some store credit at IKEA and ended up picking up a set of sheets there to use as spares. While nothing special, they have held up well. 320 tc and soft for only $40 a set. This is an area I don't think you really need to spend all that much in to get something decent that works.

Last edited:

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Will check out Zellers tomorrow, and online afterwards.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 39 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%