• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup @ opening of The Sartorialist's photo show, NYC Jan 22

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's having a photo show in a Chelsea Gallery, Danziger Projects.

Details:

Danziger Projects
212 629-6778
521 w 26th St
NY, NY 10001

http://www.danzigerprojects.com/arti...-sartorialist/

Details
Images will be 8.5 x 12
Priced at $1200 for first two, $1000 for each additional
Editions of 20 prints with release of 10 for now
Opens Jan 18, runs to Feb 23rd.
Opening night party Jan 22nd, 8PM

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^So the Sartorialists photos are going for $1200 a pop for a pic of someone who may or may not be wearing something interesting?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I might like to go but would never pay that much money for one of his photos. Is it considered gauche to attend an opening and not purchase?

No, but maybe to go and loudly disparage the pricing.... Not that I'd know anything about that...

plain.gif

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or just wear something nice and have him take a photo of you.
then you could trade your photo for one of his on display, then it would all work out......

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I might like to go but would never pay that much money for one of his photos. Is it considered gauche to attend an opening and not purchase?
Art opening == free (or verrry cheap) wine, nothing more.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I can't believe that he has the nerve to try and charge for his ****.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I like how it is also "The Sartorialist" and not Scott Schulman.

Oh yah, I'll be there on the 22nd.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I can't believe that he has the nerve to try and charge for his ****.

Some people appreciate the intangibles associated with a famous designer blog name and can afford to pay for the enhanced image and status. Not everyone spends their time trying to buy better quality photos on ebay for a tenth of the price.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Some people appreciate the intangibles associated with a famous designer blog name and can afford to pay for the enhanced image and status. Not everyone spends their time trying to buy better quality photos on ebay for a tenth of the price.

Well yes...but, I would first have to respect Scott and consider him an "artist" or "photographer."

moonman

Reaction score
I saw a brief video of him on YouTube while he was taking a pic of someone on the street and he was acting like a rude, arrogant prick. Don't know if that was an aberration or not. But something tells me that it wasn't.

IMHO, his pics are little more than snapshots. A bit of thought goes into selecting the background and posing the subject, but nothing terribly creative. Some of the subjects are interesting and as a result they make the photos interesting as well. But there is no real art in what he does.

Got to give the guy credit for cojones, I guess. There are probably more than a few people who will give him what he asks in order to bask in the reflected glow of his demi-fame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads