• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum in NYC parties September 18 and 19

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm debating between Epaulet and SelfEdge.
I want to go on a Friday, but most people seem to be going on Saturday
confused.gif

Not 100% yet on whether I'm going or not.

revamp

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

As a way of introducing ourselves to the online community (hopefully you'll be hearing more about us towards the end of the year), Revamped Media (www.revamp.com) is happy to support the Styleforum and its members during these events.

I'll be there at all three events -- Nikon DSLR in tow -- taking pictures of the festivities and will try to post the photos online for other members to see ASAP.

I'm sure everyone will "dress to impress" and am looking forward to meeting everyone this week.

Cheers!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by revamp
I'm sure everyone will "dress to impress" and am looking forward to meeting everyone this week.

Dan doesn't understand that I never dress to impress. I just sorta put clothes on in the morning, and occasionally change before going out if the clothes are too dirty.

revamp

Reaction score
Haha. I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing you guys... Everyone is going to show up in bespoke shirts/suits and I'm going to be there in my Sevens from Nordstrom. Lol.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by revamp
Haha. I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing you guys... Everyone is going to show up in bespoke shirts/suits and I'm going to be there in my Sevens from Nordstrom. Lol.

Anyone who knows me irl will tell you that I spend all my dressed hours (gym time apart) in jeans and one of 2 dozen belts and some sort of overpriced sneaker. My suits, bespoke and otherwise, hang very nicely in my walk in closet.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Dan doesn't understand that I never dress to impress. I just sorta put clothes on in the morning, and occasionally change before going out if the clothes are too dirty.

I'm quite different. I always dress to impress Dan and his colleagues in the media. Not sure I can attend but I might try to roll by for 8 or 9 drinks, especially if I'm depressed. Look for me in the yellow rubber hot pants and the Confederate General's hat.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
I'm quite different. I always dress to impress Dan and his colleagues in the media. Not sure I can attend but I might try to roll by for 8 or 9 drinks, especially if I'm depressed. Look for me in the yellow rubber hot pants and the Confederate General's hat.

Depressed winos in Civil War re-enactment garb always welcome.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, there will be "official" photographers there. They can chime in if they'd like. Of course, that is not to dissuade anyone from bringing their camera, but just so we know that we'll have *something* for people to see.

Of course The Sartorialist will be there?

peepwall[1].gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me in for Self Edge on Saturday. I'll be back from Baltimore just in (Suntory) time

jasonmarshalljazz

Reaction score
For those who want to hear world class jazz musicians and one SFer play the saxophone, My quartet is performing Friday night the 18th from 8 till midnight at Cleopatra's Needle . just a one drink minimum. I will debuting my first bespoke suit from MR. Ned and a shirt from CEGO. Cleopatra's Needle is on broadway between 92nd and 93rd streets in Manhattan. Great times are a guarantee. I do plan be at CEGO on Saturday.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing a few of you on Saturday afternnoon.

The woman who does my Hand mongrams will be in the shop for two hours.
You can add simple two or three letter mongrams to pocket squares or CEGO made shirts for $12.00.
You can have your own shirts and pocket sqaures Mongrammed for $15.00 each. (Please make sure shirts are clean.)
She can do more complicated monograms. Prices will vary from basic styles.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
logo3.gif

YamazakiVerticalLogo-1.jpg

Together with Style Forum and Suntory Yamazaki Whiskey we're having a hop and bop on Saturday, September 19 at Self Edge New York. Come by and enjoy the finest Japanese whiskey and a beer while perusing our fine Japanese made goods.
We'll also be having a 15% off sale through-out the day and during the party.

Style Forum members from around the US will be in attendance along with a representative from Suntory Yamazaki to answer any of your whiskey related questions and to pour you Japanese whiskey made in Japan's oldest whiskey distillery.

Self Edge New York x Style Forum x Suntory Yamazaki Whiskey Party & Sale
Saturday, September 19th
7pm to 10pm
(Sale also runs all day)

Self Edge NY & SF In-Store Sale
Saturday, September 19th

Self Edge Online Store Sale
Starts 9am (PST) Saturday, September 19th
Ends 5pm (PST) Sunday, September 20th

Sale in-store and online will be 15% off (Excludes SEXI08 Jeans). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 15% off everything (with the exception of the SEXI08 Jean) in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Saturday September 19th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) the following day (Sunday, September 20th). Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases.
Coupon Code for 15% off along with free shipping worldwide: DrinkMoreWhiskey

http://www.selfedge.com

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running around like a chicken without a head! We moved around all the fixtures and stocked the shelves to the hilt. Flannel shirts are ready to go.

Our cocktail tonight will be a Bourbon Sling. It's served on the rocks and is quite refreshing. We'll also have beer out the wazoo.

We're happy to offer a 15% off all items that are not Epaulet-branded (shirts, ties, dresses) or the new collaborative Epaulet & Wm. J.Mills & Co bags. So, that will include great brands like Apolis, KZO, Sperry, Tanner, Schott NYC, and a whole lot more.

See you guys tonight!
Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads