• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Kiya, I'm strongly considering picking up a pair of the IHxSE INDOs and had a quick question about sizing. I wear a 28w in the MF Californian, and the thighs are pretty much spot on. Would a 30w in the INDOs put me in the same ballpark post shrink?
Thanks
JM

I'd say to go for a size 29, it'll be a hair slimmer after a soak but the waist on the 30 may be too big for you. You can exchange em if they're too snug pre-soak.

bagley920

Reaction score
Hey Kiya, can you tell me what the most "relaxed" of the Iron Heart styles is? It looks like the 461's are tight on the thighs and knees but flair at the bottom. I have bigger thighs so looking for something a little looser at the top. Was thinking the 634S or 1955's would be my best bet.

Any other brands and styles I should look into if I'm looking for something more relaxed?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Kiya, can you tell me what the most "relaxed" of the Iron Heart styles is? It looks like the 461's are tight on the thighs and knees but flair at the bottom. I have bigger thighs so looking for something a little looser at the top. Was thinking the 634S or 1955's would be my best bet.

Any other brands and styles I should look into if I'm looking for something more relaxed?
The 634s should fit the bill. We rarely find anybody that needs more room in the thighs of the 634s by IH. Also look into the 11BSP from 3sixteen+, i think you'd like the fit a lot.

bagley920

Reaction score
The 634s should fit the bill. We rarely find anybody that needs more room in the thighs of the 634s by IH.
Also look into the 11BSP from 3sixteen+, i think you'd like the fit a lot.

Thanks Kiya. I really like the 11BSP's but I've never owned an unsanforized pair of jeans. Would you recommend soaking them as soon as I got them or waiting a while? I normally wear 38's in most jeans so even if those shrunk, they would just shrink to the tag size. Am i reading that correctly? Would they also really shrink 3 inches in length? Thats seems a hell of alot.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Kiya. I really like the 11BSP's but I've never owned an unsanforized pair of jeans. Would you recommend soaking them as soon as I got them or waiting a while? I normally wear 38's in most jeans so even if those shrunk, they would just shrink to the tag size. Am i reading that correctly? Would they also really shrink 3 inches in length? Thats seems a hell of alot.
Most unsanforized denim will shrink between 2" and 3.25" in length, so that's totally normal. The 38 should fit you well, once you get them let us know (via email) how they fit in the waist and we'll be able to tell you how to soak them. It's not as complicated as it sounds, basically you just soak the jeans in water for a set amount of time then let them air dry, from then you wash them in a washing machine.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing Stevenson Overall Company - Height Of Perfection

We've added a new brand to our line-up this week at all Self Edge stores by the name of Stevenson Overall Company.
Hailing from Hiroo (Tokyo, Japan) Stevenson was started by famed vintage collectors Zip Stevenson and Atsu Tagaya in 2005 with the intent to recreate vintage styles which were popular in America during the turn of the century.

The attention to detail of their garments is unsurpassed and every fabric they've used is woven for them by the best and oldest mills in Japan. From the wools on their accessories and jackets to the denim from which their jeans are made of to the natural dyed canvas for their shirts and jackets they've gone to great lengths to make sure that every fabric was made to fit their needs. They spend more time on fabric development than any other company we've encountered thus far.

All the garments are sewn on vintage sewing machines and all the canvas and denim shirts and jeans are single-needle stitched, something rarely seen on garments these days. The belt loops on their jeans are sewn by hand due to their shape and details, the buttons on their jackets and jeans are leather-backed, and their watch caps are woven with the finest silk yarn and dyed with natural indigo and plant based dyes.

Stevenson Overall Company is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and full spec lists on every garment.

Stevenson Overall in our online store:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=92

Stevenson Upland Jean (717) - Slim
717-RXX_01.jpg

717-RXX_03.jpg

717-RXX_04.jpg

717-RXX_05.jpg

717-RXX_06.jpg

Stevenson Santa Rosa Jean (767) - Straight
767-RXX_01.jpg

Stevenson Saddle Horn Jacket - Brown Duck
101D-OXB_01.jpg

101D-OXB_03.jpg

101D-OXB_05.jpg

101D-OXB_06.jpg

101D-OXB_08.jpg

Stevenson Saddle Horn Jacket - Indigo Duck
101D-OXI_01.jpg

101D-OXI_03.jpg

101D-OXI_05.jpg

101D-OXI_06.jpg

101D-OXI_08.jpg

Stevenson Silk WWII Watch Caps
WATCHCAP_NAVY_01.jpg

WATCHCAP_GREY_01.jpg

WATCHCAP_GREY_02.jpg

WATCHCAP_NAVY_02.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads