• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Love the Kensington.....wish it was within the budget (just started new business).

These are one of those things that once you feel the jacket in person you know that it's worth every penny, these things should be costing more than they do.

Dr jitsu

Reaction score
These are one of those things that once you feel the jacket in person you know that it's worth every penny, these things should be costing more than they do.

I agree. A few years ago, when I was making well into the 6 figures I would have bought that jacket on the spot. But as mentioned, I just purchased a business that was running well into the red (we are breaking even now) and I must deny myself such pleasures.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Announcing for the general public of the Self Edge people:
Self Edge San Francisco will be closed August 13, 14, and 15. We will open again for regular business hours on (thursday) August 16. SENY and SELA will be unaffected by this closure.

We're remodeling SESF (new/different paint, more dressing rooms, new lighting, rebuilding the mezzanine, adding a shipping fulfillment room behind the store, and more) this week. On September 1st The Six Year Itch Party will be taking place at the store. More info to follow.

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Flat Head Horsehide Jacket, Canvas & Cowhide Sneakers, and Summer Shirts

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues have just delivered one of the hottest releases of the year. We've got horsehide jackets, sneakers, shirts, polos, t-shirts, wallets, belts, and more.

First up we've got an amazing jacket made of a black horsehide and an original nylon lining. Everything from the buckles to the zipper are original Flat Head produced product and every part of the jacking including all the trim is 100% produced in Japan. Fit and construction are as to be expected from Flat Head, top notch.

Next up we've got a set of new sneakers made of canvas and cowhide, available in two colors and also fully made in Japan, even the sole. It's quite hard to find sneakers which are made in Japan, most Japanese brands still produce their sneakers in large factories in Vietnam or China where as Flat Head set up a special factory inside one of their shirt making factories to produce their line of sneakers.

We've also got a line of new shirts from both Flat Head and Real Japan Blues. All the new shirts are short sleeve shirts great for warmer weather wear. One of these is a hand painted fabric polo shirt, yes, hand painted. The pattern on this RJB polo is literally painted on by hand after the shirt has been cut and sewn.

Along with all these new items we've received full restocks of all Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, and Wild Child wallets, belts, card cases, and jeans. All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. The sneakers are available only at SENY and our online store.

Shop Flat Head Online

Shop Real Japan Blues Online

Shop Wild Child Online

FH_LEATHER_01.JPG

FH_LEATHER_02.JPG

FH_LEATHER_04.JPG

FH_LEATHER_08.JPG

FH_LEATHER_10.JPG

FH_LEATHER_12.JPG

FH_LEATHER_15.JPG

fh2sneakerlo_black_2.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_black_5.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_black_6.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_white_2.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_white_5.jpg

fh2sneakerlo_white_6.jpg

FH_BW1.JPG

FH_BW4.JPG

FH_ORAN1.JPG

FH_ORAN4.JPG

RJB_BLK_POLO_01.JPG

RJB_BLK_POLO_03.JPG

RJB_BLK_POLO_05.JPG

RJB_RED_FLANNEL_01.JPG

RJB_RED_FLANNEL_03.JPG

RJB_RED_FLANNEL_06.JPG

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart 8301s Super Black Fade-To-Gray Jean and Native Stamp Loopwheeled T-Shirt

Over the years one of our best selling slim jeans has been the Iron Heart 301s. We've done this style in multiple types of denim and are happy to announce that we're finally able to offer it in Iron Heart's 21oz SBG denim. When in it's raw state the fabric looks like Iron Heart's Super Black denim except it ages over time due to how the yarn is dyed. The fabric starts black and fades to a gray then a light gray with normal wear, not unlike a blue indigo dyed jean.

Along with the 8301s jean we've got a new black loopwheeled t-shirt with an awesome graphic in yellow print.

With these two new items all stores have received a restock of the leather and steel cable wallet chains, all jean models (except the 301s which is coming August 23rd), denim jackets, and belts.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_8301S_01.JPG

IH_8301S_04.JPG

IH_8301S_05.JPG

IH_TEE1.JPG

Kraken

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any wear pics of the Iron Heart's 21oz SBG denim when it was used on prior jean models. Does the jean turn to grey all-over with time or only the areas of wear? The fit seems slightly bigger than true to size at the waist, should we order one size down? I currently have a pair of size 30 SEXDBXSXS12 and find it a little snug at the waist when sitting (causes slight pressure on the bag of in bad posture for a length of time). no issues when standing. All other measurements are perfect. I also have a size 30 SG2109 Pure Gold Jean - Slim Tapered.

I believe the IH 8301s SBG "Super Black Fade-To-Gray" Denim - Slim Cut would have slightly more taper than the SEXDBXSX12 which is perfect. What size should I get for the new Iron Heart jeans, 30 or 31 (to allow for slightly more waist room and comfort) given that the 30 is .3 inch bigger. Note that I like the wait all other areas of my other pair fit.

I want to try Iron Heart jeans and also want a black pair of jeans. Slim/ tapered fits with stacking are preferred. I do like it when it looks different than other jeans on the streets. Do you recommend this model or another one (or even another brand but I would prefer trying out Iron Heart)? The IH 301s-07BK - Overdyed Slim 19oz seemed interesting but is out of stock (or is it?), any chances of this one returning? If yes, how would you compare both models?

Note: My SEXDBXSX12 probably only have 40 wears. Should I expect the waist to continue to loosen and get more comfortable?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was wondering if there are any wear pics of the Iron Heart's 21oz SBG denim when it was used on prior jean models. Does the jean turn to grey all-over with time or only the areas of wear? The fit seems slightly bigger than true to size at the waist, should we order one size down? I currently have a pair of size 30 SEXDBXSXS12 and find it a little snug at the waist when sitting (causes slight pressure on the bag of in bad posture for a length of time). no issues when standing. All other measurements are perfect. I also have a size 30 SG2109 Pure Gold Jean - Slim Tapered.
I believe the IH 8301s SBG "Super Black Fade-To-Gray" Denim - Slim Cut would have slightly more taper than the SEXDBXSX12 which is perfect. What size should I get for the new Iron Heart jeans, 30 or 31 (to allow for slightly more waist room and comfort) given that the 30 is .3 inch bigger. Note that I like the wait all other areas of my other pair fit.
I want to try Iron Heart jeans and also want a black pair of jeans. Slim/ tapered fits with stacking are preferred. I do like it when it looks different than other jeans on the streets. Do you recommend this model or another one (or even another brand but I would prefer trying out Iron Heart)? The IH 301s-07BK - Overdyed Slim 19oz seemed interesting but is out of stock (or is it?), any chances of this one returning? If yes, how would you compare both models?
Note: My SEXDBXSX12 probably only have 40 wears. Should I expect the waist to continue to loosen and get more comfortable?

Sounds like the 30 in the 8301s would be perfect for you. The jean only really lightens at wear points with most of the rest of the jean staying quite black over time.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Full Restock

We've just received a full restock of every Iron Heart jean model, all denim jackets and vests, and belts (including the tan version) at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. We even finally got the restock of the 301s jean. Check the online store for everything that's been brought back into stock.

Shop Iron Heart Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Strike Gold & Kawatako Restocks

We've just received deliveries from two of our favorite brands. Both Kawatako and Strike Gold have delivered a full restock of all jeans, belts, wallets, and key hooks.

From Strike Gold we've received full size runs of all four jean models including a full restock of their belts in both tan and black. The most insane loopwheeeled tees we've seen yet have also landed but will be available only in-store until mid-September.

Kawatako has redone the entire line of leather and brass accessories, everything from their belts to their keyhooks has been restocked.

All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Shop Strike Gold Online

Shop Kawatako Online

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Self Edge "6 Year Itch" Party & SALE

In 1955 Marilyn Monroe had her Seven Year Itch. Here at Self Edge we got that itch one year earlier. Being the eager beavers we are, we decided our original digs in San Francisco needed a refresh and so we closed SESF for almost a week in the middle of August and did some all around upgrading. We are once again open for business in San Francisco and have updated our store with two dressing rooms, fancy lighting downstairs, a new paint color scheme, more natural light coming in from the front, a new online shipping fulfillment room behind the store, a wild looking new rack system downstairs, and more.

To celebrate all these improvements and the fact that we just signed another six year lease on our original space we're having a "6 Year Itch" Anniversary Party on September 1st at Self Edge San Francisco along with a 12% off sale at all three Self Edge stores and our online store.

The stores are fully stocked with new items from every brand we carry including lots of summer and early fall items. We've also recently received full restocks of jeans from every brand to stock up for the sale weekend. Everything is 12% off except for leather jackets which are 5% off.

The Self Edge San Francisco Anniversary Party will be from 6pm to 10pm on Saturday night, September 1st. Come enjoy some beers, music, and general rowdiness courtesy of our unruly clientele and local retailer friends.

---------------

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, and SELA:
August 31, September 1st, and September 2nd (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:Starts 9am (PST) Friday, August 31Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, September 3rd

Sale in-store and online will be 12% off (Excludes all printed media, CDs, hems/repairs). Leather jackets will be discounted 5%. Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 12% off everything (5% off leather jackets) in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday August 31st, the
coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, September 3rd.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 12% off along with free shipping worldwide: 6YearItch
Coupon Code for 5% off all Leather Jackets with free shipping worldwide: LeatherDaddy

Shop Self Edge Online

mike1445

Reaction score
Any chance of that 3sixteen shadow being restocked during this event? That'd be a nice stroke of luck.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos