• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Handwarmer?.

Whoa, i coulda sworn that that said 'handwarmer" instead of "hand pocket." Nm.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
3Sixteen ST-210 Take #2. Sized down one to 33. Waist feels good, but that's without stretching. Crotch is too big, and wonky. I require a massive penis pump, apparently. Also there's a white line circling around the right half of the top block. Looks like it could be chalk or something.

Take a look at the fit pics and let me have it.

SDC12245.jpg

SDC12254.jpg

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks kiya, no doubt they're way better. The measurements show a pretty steep drop off from 33-->32 as compared to 34-->33. I'm still a bit confused as to what the white line might be. Do you have any idea?

That looks far far better than the first pair you got.
Just hem them and you'll be set, if you go any smaller they'll be quite slim.
They'll also fit better as the denim softens up a bit.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Try lightly rubbing it off with a damp cloth. It's probably just tailor's chalk.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Thanks kiya, no doubt they're way better. The measurements show a pretty steep drop off from 33-->32 as compared to 34-->33. I'm still a bit confused as to what the white line might be. Do you have any idea?

Not sure what it is, it's definitely not from the shop, we don't use tailor's chalk any more.
Have you tried getting it slightly wet and trying to get it off?
If it is tailor chalk it should be quite easy to get off, the easiest way to remove tailor's chalk (if it's clay based) is to rub it off with another piece of fabric.

cold war painter

Reaction score
Kiya, I recently got the SC garment dyed jeans and I really like the fit on me, sort of partway between a slim and a straight leg. Can you recommend anything else you have that fits similarly?

Also, I note on the site that some of the SC jeans (like the SEXSC06) are good for warm climates because of the open weave. Is there anything you can recommend that's good for cold climates, or is it just the heavier the denim the better?

And while I'm asking questions, is there ever likely to be a restock in the grey Pote Tin Kyriaki shirt? I'm guessing not.

Originally Posted by steezin
Would i need to pay custom fees if i ordered a pair of jeans to the UK?

If so, any ideas on how much they would be?

Thanks.

I've had three SE orders so far and paid duty on one of them. I don't know by what criteria they choose to apply charges. Officially you're supposed to pay around 15% I think but in my experience once they add on their own charges and VAT on those and so on, you're looking at more like 25%.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
3Sixteen ST-210 Take #2. Sized down one to 33. Waist feels good, but that's without stretching. Crotch is too big, and wonky. I require a massive penis pump, apparently.

Now hot soak those, champ.

Originally Posted by zissou
^Try lightly rubbing it off with a damp cloth.

Try zissou's advice re: penis pump.

Whoa, i coulda sworn that that said 'handwarmer" instead of "hand pocket."

Or maybe see a shrink.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cold war painter
Kiya, I recently got the SC garment dyed jeans and I really like the fit on me, sort of partway between a slim and a straight leg. Can you recommend anything else you have that fits similarly?

Also, I note on the site that some of the SC jeans (like the SEXSC06) are good for warm climates because of the open weave. Is there anything you can recommend that's good for cold climates, or is it just the heavier the denim the better?

And while I'm asking questions, is there ever likely to be a restock in the grey Pote Tin Kyriaki shirt? I'm guessing not.

If you want something with a tight weave look at the Real Japan Blues, Skulls, Dry Bones, or the SEXIH07. Those all have denim which is woven tightly.

We'll have more Never on Sunday shirts in flannel in late january.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
could you not come to some sort of agreement where the price tags are cut off prior to shipping and a lesser value is declared?
That is not something you can ask a shop to do. If it is offered, that's one thing, but you cannot ask them to commit fraud.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is not something you can ask a shop to do. If it is offered, that's one thing, but you cannot ask them to commit fraud.

This is true, in the case of Self Edge nothing is priced that goes out via the online store regardless of where you live.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Try lightly rubbing it off with a damp cloth. It's probably just tailor's chalk.

Not sure what it is, it's definitely not from the shop, we don't use tailor's chalk any more.
Have you tried getting it slightly wet and trying to get it off?
If it is tailor chalk it should be quite easy to get off, the easiest way to remove tailor's chalk (if it's clay based) is to rub it off with another piece of fabric.

I haven't tried yet, but I'll try when I get back home in a few days. Didn't seem to want to come off that easily at first.

Originally Posted by mlyngard
Now hot soak those, champ.

Try zissou's advice re: penis pump.

Or maybe see a shrink.

laugh.gif
Well I'll put those last two on my to-do list. I thought sanforized denim didn't need hot soaks? Would this just be for shrinking?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that with USPS International Priority, items can be declared as 'gift' or one of three other catagories, if I recall. However, the shop would be insuring the shipment for the full value, I'm sure.

I got into a jam once selling a motorcycle to a Canadian. Undervalued the bill of sale. Customs actually called me when he hit the border crossing. The customs officer actually knew Ducatis well and flagged him on the sale price. Heh. He paid full value in duties and taxes. Ouch.

If you roll the dice, make sure you're prepared to lose big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads