• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Opinions Daily Beater Watch

unrated

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Seiko Black Monster, although my wrists are about 6.5 inches, do you guys think it will be too big for my wrist?

KBW

Reaction score
Shoe just screwed me over
smile.gif
...I had to order another watch after seeing the one he bought.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
I'm thinking about getting a Seiko Black Monster, although my wrists are about 6.5 inches, do you guys think it will be too big for my wrist?
I felt it was too big for my wrist and it's larger than yours. But, I'm not a fan of massive watches, so take the comment in stride.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko 5 with full face lume on the Jurgen bund strap. The deployant came with the strap installed on my Poljot Aerowave 4 Alarm but was a perfect fit for this strap!

Mentos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Seiko 5 with full face lume on the Jurgen bund strap. The deployant came with the strap installed on my Poljot Aerowave 4 Alarm but was a perfect fit for this strap!

Hey, that looks pretty good.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most likely not. The Monster actually measures 41mm lug-to-lug, but wears bigger than that due to the raised bezel + oversize bezel guard. That said, it looks all fine and dandy on my 6.75" wrist, so it should fit yours just fine. I like small, vintag-y watch cases too, but it's nice to have a heftier beataround watch for a change.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Most likely not. The Monster actually measures 41mm lug-to-lug, but wears bigger than that due to the raised bezel + oversize bezel guard. That said, it looks all fine and dandy on my 6.75" wrist, so it should fit yours just fine. I like small, vintag-y watch cases too, but it's nice to have a heftier beataround watch for a change.
Yeah, I just tried a 42 mm lug-to-lug watch for comparative reasons and it looked fine on my wrist. With that said, I already put an order for a monster with 2 day shipping
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just tried a 42 mm lug-to-lug watch for comparative reasons and it looked fine on my wrist. With that said, I already put an order for a monster with 2 day shipping
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

UPS delivered my new Black Monster 30 minutes ago and I've been playing with it since then.
bounce2.gif
I can't wear it yet because it comes sized for a yeti wrist out of the box; however, I can tell already that it will sit well on my ~6.5 wrist. I'll try to remember to post pics after I resize.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
UPS delivered my new Black Monster 30 minutes ago and I've been playing with it since then.
bounce2.gif
I can't wear it yet because it comes sized for a yeti wrist out of the box; however, I can tell already that it will sit well on my ~6.5 wrist. I'll try to remember to post pics after I resize.

Right on, I'm lookin forward to the pics!

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so I guess I'm a bit OCD; rather than waiting until I got home where I have a proper link remover, I decided to resize the bracelet in my office with a thumbtack and a couple of paper clips. Amazingly, it worked out just fine.

I have worn a huge heavy watch in the past, so getting used to the Monster should be easy. If I may borrow some adjectives from forum member shoe, this is certainly an "authoritative, beefy, meaty" timepiece. So far I am really digging it!

Sorry for the crappy iPhone photo:

photorl7.jpg

unrated

Reaction score
I never owned an automatic before, whats the deal with not setting the day and date between 9 pm and 4am?

Warlok, where did you order your watch from and was it working (and set) straight out of the box?

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
that is a nice timepiece. wear it in health!

Thanks shoe! BTW those Santoni Goodyears I picked up from you a few weeks back are doing great and seeing a lot of gentle use!

Warlok, where did you order your watch from and was it working (and set) straight out of the box?

unrated, I ordered it from Amazon after reading this thread and checking out what some of the major watch sites said about it. It was running out of the box, presumably because jostling around in the big brown truck wound the spring a bit. This particular automatic (unlike most) does not allow you to hand-wind, so you have to wear it or swirl it a bit to get it going once the mechanism stops. I think the consensus is daily wear usually prevents it from completely running out of power. Setting it is not a big deal, just unscrew the crown and pull it out to the appropriate time or date stop. Right now it is -3 seconds from when I set it 8 hours ago.

I took a better pic this evening:

stp80402vd2.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
I decided to resize the bracelet in my office with a thumbtack and a couple of paper clips. Amazingly, it worked out just fine.

This deserves a thread on its own, no?
wow.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics