• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker Debate

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
There are a handful of worries that never occurred to me before I got to the online world of clothing commentary. One of them is of course the black suit which is proof that things can bother people even when they have zero control over the outcome.

Can't you do us all a favor and confine these musings to your sessions with your shrink? She after all is getting paid to hear it; we aren't.

To the OP: black shoes with seersucker =
crazy.gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
crazy.gif

I agree about the black. It would be a bit stark. I'd be more inclined to wear leather brown/maroon shoes. I'd wear loafers due to the casual nature of the suit, but around here that would be just as bad as the black cap toes. LOL.

Harrydog

Reaction score
[

crazy.gif

I agree....but if the alternative is a Merrell suede slip on walking shoe? That was the question.

I am not exactly sure of what he was wearing.....It was close to this....

wolve7015_5615_lg.jpg

ccc123

Reaction score
knowing the school, and what I worn in my day, I think the SS was out of place but, if thats what it was then I would have gone with the black cap toe.

Gad to know summer holiday is at hand for you HarryDog! perhaps we will run into each other at FFC

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
[ I am not exactly sure of what he was wearing.....It was close to this....
wolve7015_5615_lg.jpg

That black captoe is sounding better all the time. As long as you're not talking about Tevas or such I'd take the sandals over the pictured shoe. Actually, even if you are talking about Tevas.... I do not understand why anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to run the tread up the side of the shoe like a motorcycle tire. Maybe it's a rock climbing thing?

Harrydog

Reaction score
Can't you do us all a favor and confine these musings to your sessions with your shrink? She after all is getting paid to hear it; we aren't.

crazy.gif

Manton,

Is General Sherman your new election year persona? Scorched earth, war is hell, and all that?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only because I frequently reference the site and he was trying to beat me at my own game. Clearly, you are of the same opinion, power to you.
fight[1].gif

Wait--you talk about SF in public?
peepwall[1].gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought seersucker or a linen suit on the lawn at 9:00 in the morning is fine.
It works in the Senate, too; Black shoes and all.

seersucker_2006.jpg

coconut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I don't have a problem with black shoes worn with seersucker. One of the nicest combinations I have ever seen on someone else were black and white spectators with a grey and white seersucker.

There are a handful of worries that never occurred to me before I got to the online world of clothing commentary. One of them is of course the black suit which is proof that things can bother people even when they have zero control over the outcome.

Another is what color shoes to wear with what outfit. To worry about the color and not the make, condition or style of the shoe is to consider this in too much of a vacuum. I just don't worry about the idea of something without seeing it done. If it is done well, it can be acceptable.​

It must take you forever to get dressed.

Harrydog: The Merrells are dark brown? How dark?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuricG