• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoy Lipstick Rose quite a bit. It's a powdery, sweet violet and rose. It does lean feminine, but I think you should give it a try.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ah there's violet in lipstick rose! it just clicked, totally makes sense. I can literally smell it now in my nose and found that accord there. Is it fem? yeah, I wouldn't wear it myself. It's powdery, soft, talc-y, warm, little bit of bubblegum ness too. Une rose is more a fresh clean rose that I think would be better suited for a man

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today wearing Bond #9 Scent of Peace for him. Yep, it's a bit of an Aventus knockoff. Huge projection for an hour or two then pretty minimal. More fruity, less ashy (boo). I get that green apple pineapple vibe with some cedarwood undertone. Meh, it's actually pretty decent and I'd say worth around $100-150 give or take. Meaning better than regular dept store cologne but not quite good niche territory. For people with money who aren't too discerning (ie Bond's customers) it'll probably turn into a strong seller.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sables today

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Washington Square
SOTD: Lipstick Rose (for a night at the opera).

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
erm, just something on my mind... forgive me if this seems presumptuous but I find myself thinking what's the point of simply posting the name of the scent of what I'm wearing. Is it a tally? am I just showing off or fishing for a response? Am I just racking up post count?

my intention, and my ask to all of you if I may be so bold, is to write some sort of description, review, comment, etc along with the name. I try not to write essays, or paste the list of accords, etc, but I've decided that if I'm going to post here what I'm wearing and bump the thread, I might as well actually contribute by talking about the scent, my thoughts, comparisons, prices, etc so you my fellow readers can get some value from my experience rather than just reading a short factual statement about what I'm wearing. Instead of just posting and then like 1/10 someone actually has to fish and say well what did you think? etc...

I'm not trying to kill the thread, and if you don't want to write anything, then fine, do whatever you want, but at least me, I'm going to commit to actually trying to write something useful for all of you to make this a discussion thread, a value added etc instead of just me randomly posting whatever I'm wearing.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On vacation for a week, finally someplace warm so I'm wearing Terre d'Hermes for a week (along with Lumier Blanche). The Terre is from 2005 and smells so much better than the shrieky current one. It's been well over a year since I have worn it.

LeeroyDaBoy

Reaction score

This one deserves much more love and praise than it receives. Many people say it's merely a pepper bomb, but I disagree. The pepper is indeed here, and the star of the show, however, the light benzoin sweetness, woods, and the semi-dirty smoky patchouli make this one AWESOME! Anyways, the sprayer sucks, so it takes about 7 to 8 sprays to get the desired results.

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with M-C's post above. This is what we do in the book thread, and I think it would help others here learn from you more experienced guys.

al-Rehab Saat Safa today. This is a cheapie that I found in an op shop, so it was no skin off my nose if it's no good. So far it's a medicinal oudh, with very little to show by way of the rose that's supposed to be there. I'm thinking that rose/oudh scents are just right for the cold snap we are in right now. (Yes, I know Melbourne doesn't really do winter, but these things are relative, aren't they?).

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I used to do up a brief summary when I posted more, at least the first time I would wear something. Anyway I received a package with a split of Lutens Arabie. To be honest I'd been kinda warned against this one, as well as heard raves from others so when the split came up at a good rate, I bit. Along with Chergui, but I know that one already.

So, Arabie isn't quite what I'd hoped so far. It's wearing as spicy fruit, incense, and the dry powdery bubble gum note from those old wax packs of Bazooka gum (see also YSL Opium). That said, Lutens evolve slowly and sometimes take odd twists and turns, tomorrow it may be singing angels and sunbeams parting the clouds.

rossoz

Reaction score
First time to wear a Tom Ford...

Jasmine Rouge

Wow, this stuff is much stronger than anything I've ever worn. I hope it evaporates a little before the party arrives.

Cheers,
It did calm down after about 1 to 2 hours and I enjoyed wearing it. I also received a compliment from a female companion.

I only wish it did not have the $150+ price tag. I'll treasure my sample. I would comment on the specific impression, but I would have no idea what I'm talking bout.

Cheers,

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur