• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rvan
I'm going to get her the black orchid tom ford for Christmas.
Try some of the Black Orchid on yourself... you might just like it. I wear it from time to time myself. It's a little fruity/jammy but still earthy. and it sticks like... oh that reminds me of that joke with the bear taking a crap in the woods and the bunny comes along and the bear all embarrassed asks him if the you-know-what ever sticks to his fur and the rabbit says that it does, and really badly, the bear thinks about that for a second and then quickly grabs the bunny and wipes his ass with him. The end (of the worlds longest run-on sentence that it)
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today, I got a second sample pack of the C&S line-up
+1, mine just arrived in the mail. I sniffed most of them from the swap box but wanted to sample them all properly. Looking forward to no.88 and Cuba. Ox&Cam was also interesting.
Just hibernating. I go back and forth, between haiku and english.
Lol, love it. I jsut thought you were on your mobile or something, then it all clicked. Today, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla. PS - Basenoters have been SO generous in swaps recently. I've gotten piles of various sample/freebees with my swaps that now I feel compelled to do the same. I've now got a decent little basked of half-used samples that are awaiting the next StyleForum swap-box.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ lol, I forget the old bear and rabbit joke.

Today, I was hunting around for the Amber Absolute, but trying to be surreptitious about it since Mrs. Thomas was awake and I didn't want to let on to having two drawers of bottles (as if she doesn't know), and it wasn't in the first drawer I picked, so I had to run with something else: John Varvatos.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas Eve and a blizzard coming. Creed Millisime Imperial. Its lazy richness and citrus seemed right as we risked life and limb during the leading edge ice storm to get apple cider supplies. What, no cardamon?

I was thinking about Thomas throwing away his first vial of Habit Rouge- I wonder if I'll ever come around to Knize 10.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Christmas Eve and a blizzard coming. Creed Millisime Imperial. Its lazy richness and citrus seemed right as we risked life and limb during the leading edge ice storm to get apple cider supplies. What, no cardamon?

I was thinking about Thomas throwing away his first vial of Habit Rouge- I wonder if I'll ever come around to Knize 10.

heh, I gave away my first decant of K10, as well. One spray, and it was instant scrubber for me. Only years later does it start to wear well, and then only very lightly. Even then, it's hardly an every-day scent in terms of wanting to wear it all the time.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.

Yesterday: Nothing.
frown.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today some Guerlain Heritage. A decant from the swap-box I jsut got round to trying and I can say WOW, I actually like this stuff!
Does anyone know if Geurlain has a signature note or accord they use in everything? it somehow reminded me of shalimar or some of their others... something sort of plasticky. In my mind I see a smooth white hard horizontal line.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Today some Guerlain Heritage. A decant from the swap-box I jsut got round to trying and I can say WOW, I actually like this stuff!
Does anyone know if Geurlain has a signature note or accord they use in everything? it somehow reminded me of shalimar or some of their others... something sort of plasticky. In my mind I see a smooth white hard horizontal line.

For a long, long time the signature - called Guerlainade - was a part of most compositions, and iirc it's a vanilla-based composition, a bit animalic (castoreum), and herbal. Recent compositions seem to be diverging from this, though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yesterday: Amber Absolute.

today: Etro Messe de Minuit (Midnight Mass). Brown sugar/incense.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For a long, long time the signature - called Guerlainade - was a part of most compositions, and iirc it's a vanilla-based composition, a bit animalic (castoreum), and herbal. Recent compositions seem to be diverging from this, though.

Mmm, very interesting. Thanks! It would seem the more recent ones just aren't the same. Here's to buying vintage
musicboohoo[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Mmm, very interesting. Thanks! It would seem the more recent ones just aren't the same. Here's to buying vintage
musicboohoo[1].gif

Yeah, I loaded up on a few vintage Chanels and now seem to be in SABLE territory, particularly since I hardly wear them.

Today, speaking of Guerlain...Habit Rouge.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today Guerlain Vetiver

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Himalaya- a quiet and reserved version of Creed Millesime Imperial's tanned citrus expanse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads