• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the site perfume samples and decants? I was hoping to try some slightly larger samples in atomizers without committing to full bottles.

Luckyscent has been a mainstay but for a few I want to try as atomizers, which they don’t do.
I like decantboutique.com. They're not as expensive as Scent Split and have a lot of things that Scent Split does not have (though Scent Split also has things that Decant Boutique doesn't have). Decant Boutique has tons of sizes all the way up to 30ml for some, including Diors that are only available in Paris.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I only have musc ravageur from that house, and I was late to the party on it.
I love it, and am looking to expand.
It's my second favorite house. They don't all hit for me, but they're all well done, and when they do hit, they're amazing.

It's a new year, so it's a good time for Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde.

375x500.49753.jpg

ultravisitor

Reaction score
After sampling probably 90% of the line from FM, and owning a handful, I've ended up keeping only Bois D'Orage and Monsieur. I think overall, the volume is turned up too loud with most of them, combined with an overuse of synthetic woody ambers.
What I've found with Frederic Malle is that the ones that I like really took a while to grow on me. I didn't like any of them after sampling the first few times, but all of a sudden I couldn't get enough of some of them.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I've found with Frederic Malle is that the ones that I like really took a while to grow on me. I didn't like any of them after sampling the first few times, but all of a sudden I couldn't get enough of some of them.
Well, I really like Musc Ravageur, although I realize that's their Captain Obvious pick.
These things change, but what is your favorite-I can only keep one scent-currently?
For me right now it's Fragrance Du Bois Milano.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
These things change, but what is your favorite-I can only keep one scent-currently?
For me right now it's Fragrance Du Bois Milano.
Probably one of these three:

Christian Dior Ambre Nuit
Le Labo Patchouli 24
Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde

Also, I think Portrait of a Lady is the obvious pick from Malle, though I think it’s overrated and I have what is a better rose to me in my own collection.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can appreciate your experience with FM. As with any initial samples that strike me at first, I repeatedly wore those from the FM line that stood out for me...just very few stuck. Really liked Vetiver Extraodinaire for instance, but after many on-skin tests, it came down to a simple evaluation against several other favorite vetivers I already had, and which ultimately won out over VE.

With that said, I do really appreciate FM's approach with placing perfumers more prominently, and appropriately in the spotlight to to give due recognition to their artisanship and creativity.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to pick one, it would be Caron's Le 3ième Homme, because it's one of the few I am happy with wearing any time or place. There are many others I prefer for particular occasions, seasons and places, but they are all more limited.

Budd

Reaction score
Do fragrances “go bad”? Not in the sense that they spoil like anything, but if I have an old bottled a certain cologne, does it lose its potency over time?

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Do fragrances “go bad”? Not in the sense that they spoil like anything, but if I have an old bottled a certain cologne, does it lose its potency over time?
Perhaps over a very, very long time and depending on how they have been stored. I have bottles of Chanel Egoiste that I bought back in 1990 that are totally fine, and plenty of people have bottles much older than that. Some fragrances even get better over time. My bottle of Christian Dior Mitzah has certainly deepened over the year that I've had it, and Frederic Malles are very often known to gain potency after being opened for a few months.

Don't buy into that crap of how a fragrance goes bad after a year or two.

Today is Le Labo Patchouli 24.

375x500.6332.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads