• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Satisfaction (?)

Nelton

Reaction score
I find it difficult to be satisfied with my wardrobe when I go through some of the outfits that people post on "What are you wearing right now", I only have one pair of nice shoes cost me £90 should have been £250 and I want more shoes, I have 3 suits but I feel this is not enough even though I will only be wearing suits for another year, as I'm going off to university next year, there are always things on my list and as my fashion sense changes so does my list and this goes on and on and on.... I have started selling some of the overly branded clothes I bought when I was 13-15 as I find even at 16 I want more classic clothes and want to dress more conservatively which means again the things I want will change. Top of my list at the moment are shoes, shorts and belts to match my shoes

Cheers Nick

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great question OP.

Sometimes I think that while my wardrobe has improved by 50% since getting on SF, my expectations have grown by 100%, leaving me less satisfied overall
confused.gif
. I have Loakes, but now I know that Crockett & Jones exist.

OTOH, on the days when I put together an outfit that I'm happy with, I feel very satisfied, for that day.

So my answer is this: once you're on SF you're probably NEVER going to be satisfied with your wardrobe overall. But you will be satisfied (in an informed way, too) with what you are wearing on a regular basis.

...And that's a f*cking good feeling, for me at least
smile.gif

bewing77

Reaction score
Realising that I will probably never be able to fill my wardrobe with everything I could conceivably want was a big step towards bigger sartorial satisfaction. Instead, I have sort of a mental list of items that would fill a void in my current collection. By that I mean things that might not be mega exciting in itself but which will combine well with other stuff I already own. This allows me to only be on the lookout for those certain things and not be blinded by a fantastic deal on a fantastic suit that I will never wear but at the same, when I stumble upon something that is on the list pick it up right away and know it will serve a purpose and be used.

To keep myself from feeling constantly less than satisfied with my wardrobe I think to myself that it's a rare occasion indeed that I stand in my dressing room in the morning without knowing what to wear. If I frequently couldn't find anything suitable to wear when getting dressed I would be troubled, but honestly, that is quite rare.

Take pride and be comfortable in what you own and think take the time to look in the mirror and admire how well dressed you are. Don't be afraid to boost your confidence by comparing yourself to the average guy on the street. When you do purchase something new, spend wisely on items that you will use and that will last a long time, both in style and quality: Resist the urge to buy "must have" items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics