• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samuelsohn vs Brioni

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the price higher in the states than in Canada? (canada is actually closer for me)

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the price higher in the states than in Canada? (canada is actually closer for me)

Prices in the states seem to be a bit higher. I think MTM started ("A" Fabrics) at US$1300-1400. Trunk shows usually offer a $250 discount.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Prices in the states seem to be a bit higher. I think MTM started ("A" Fabrics) at US$1300-1400. Trunk shows usually offer a $250 discount.

Depends on the store too- While I've paid that much for a sport coat (cloth) I've seen suits below and above that price. And Trunk shows with suits starting below a grand.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bob at Andriesen Morton has been my sales guy for years -- a true professional. I started buying clothes from him during the 1980's when he worked at Fashion Bar in Boulder. AM, Lawrence Covell and Neiman Marcus have the best selection of men's clothes in Denver. Same with Scarpeletto on Larimer for shoes.

Andriesen Morton. I expected them to be stuffy/stuck up, but they were very cool and easy going. I was very impressed with their store and will be back.
Quite a bit of nice Isaia and a ton of Cuchinelli as well. A dedicated Zegna room that they are totally redoing.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, quality comes down to the following for me. It's good enough for me if it's fully canvassed, nice material, and the shoulders are nicely made. Otherwise, I don't know the rest of it and I treat my stuff very nicely as to I hope it doesn't matter. So as long as Samuelsohn could make a nice shoulder, it would me nice enough for me.

Mazderati

Reaction score
^ I called to find out where the trunk shows are, or will be, and no one had an answer for me. Are there locations other than trunk shows that do MTM?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I called to find out where the trunk shows are, or will be, and no one had an answer for me. Are there locations other than trunk shows that do MTM?

Where are you located? In Canada they're at Harry Rosen. They also have US trunk show locations on the Sammys website.

Mazderati

Reaction score
In the US. Their website says spring trunk show dates coming soon. i called to see if there was any other information but was told no dates are set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads