• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rockabilly Style

Reaction score
Very refreshing to see Rockabilly talked about in such a positive way. I used to be heavily into the scene in London. All my jeans were vintage selvedge, still have all my old gabs but for some reason they seem a bit more snug than they used to.

It's a great look when done right. Maybe i'll try and dig out some of my old pics from 15 or so years ago.

Was a psychobilly before that. Was taken to a rockin' club by a girl I knew and that was it. it blew me away. Spend the next 10 years or so trying to get the look right and I like to think I did ok. Spent pretty much every night of the week at rockabilly/rockin' clubs/bars or weekenders if they were on.

(sighs wistfully. Happy days them were
musicboohoo[1].gif
)

Jason- (get smart)- it's Mr Black here by the way, over from Modculture

jkennett

Reaction score
Very nice advert. I hope it brings you many new happy customers!

If you meet up with Get Smart, you should def. do a group photo for the WAYWT thread.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Damn, I clicked this thread thinking kiya was going to make an emergency annoucement of how Jas was 20-large in the hole and woke up face down in the HRH pool.

Thanks for crushing my dreams, kiya. Tell my lobster I miss him.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Mr. Black Hooty!! Good to see you on here fella! Claudio and Alex have both made regular stints here and there in the past.

Met up with Kiya a couple times over the weekend, but totally forgot to shoot any pics.
frown.gif
He's def cool as hell and it's great to see the guy behind Self Edge is totally down. Checked out his Flathead shoes and they're pretty awesome! *envy*

Overall, the show was fun since we get to see peeps we only see once/year but overall the event has gone downhill, in terms of the quality of music, which has led to a lot of "regulars" not coming anymore. Overall it seemed like you were at a tattoo convention more than a rockabilly weekender. But we still had a blast.

Some pics from the weekend....have a lot more but these are the ones readily avail to upload.

viva1mw6.jpg

ok, in true LOBSTER fashion....my best mate Morris and my wife got us matching Lobster hawaiians made by Sunsurf Japan. So of course we had to represent!! Whodini, I can feel your jealousy. Don't worry I'm trying to have some lobster print pickle slings made for us.

viva2uw6.jpg

on the drive up, at Bob's Big Boy in Baker. first day of wearing my esef Sky jeans which are AWESOME. 21oz but soft. Made in Japan at the same firm that makes Ironheart.

viva3ro8.jpg

Lil Mo and the Dynaflos playing sun. These guys are really good friends of mine and tore it up during their set, playing doowop

viva4sr9.jpg

The Chop Tops playing on saturday.

viva5hr3.jpg

me, my wife, and our friends who are like a bizarro mirror image of us.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
viva1mw6.jpg

ok, in true LOBSTER fashion....my best mate Morris and my wife got us matching Lobster hawaiians made by Sunsurf Japan. So of course we had to represent!! Whodini, I can feel your jealousy. Don't worry I'm trying to have some lobster print pickle slings made for us.

God, tell me about it. That's a fun pic.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
viva5hr3.jpg

me, my wife, and our friends who are like a bizarro mirror image of us.

I was about to make a Back to the Future joke here about your brother and sister fading away in the photograph in your pocket but why bother.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
God, tell me about it. That's a fun pic.

This was at the car show on saturday which has gotten huge, maybe even surpassed the 4 days/nites of music as the primary reason people come to this event.

Sunsurf hawaiins are awesome, the cadillac of hawaiian shirts. Like Avanti, they repro rare designs from 40s/50s but Sunsurf rayon is tops, really thick and drapey but keeps you physically cool under the sun. They used to be really hard to get in the USA, but a few local dealers have become official vendors now. They're made "exclusively", in that they make the shirts once ALL their dealers have placed an order and then the shirts are cut to just fill that order. So when they're gone, they're gone. The "lobster" shirt is a really sought after one so they flew off the rack, but we were lucky that the vendor selling them is a friend of ours so we got ours for a bit of discount

sugarbullets

Reaction score
My favourite type of clothing is actually Rock T-Shirts...

Here in the UK, Amplified are one of the biggest Rock Brands.

Take a look in my signature for their website
smile.gif
I'll also post some pictures below.

40_443593804.JPG

stones_red_dress_stud_2_270_343_86_height.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ Gene and Eddie are rolling in their graves

We'll be at Viva...it's been a regular 'do for us past 10 years. Nice to see a change of venue as I was getting sick of the Mold Coast

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone but History Preservation have an online presence for Sun Surf shirts?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theresajulianne