• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the mighty leader of Edward Green herself, this just in:

Dear Mr Franklin,

Further investigation reveals that RL may have re-named a style which
started life as 'Stern' subsequently becoming 'Corben'. In any event,
if the last number 89 is still legible - and these details were always
rubbing off quickly on the purple kid linings, the 89 last is an EG last
so the shoes would be ours.

Yours sincerely, Hilary Freeman

(I really believe in this company. She also added an unsolicited note about taking care of EGs in snow. I guess it's that obvious that a clueless denizen of a tropical country may not know how to take care of his beloved EGs in a Boston winter.)

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The plot thickens and me without an order.
frown.gif

Very interested in seeing pics of what people got...

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"All questions will be answered, all mysteries will be revealed"

Mine are on the Fedex truck out for delivery. If possible I'll get my wife to open the box and describe them if they are delivered while I'm at work.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
"All questions will be answered, all mysteries will be revealed"

Mine are on the Fedex truck out for delivery. If possible I'll get my wife to open the box and describe them if they are delivered while I'm at work.

This may be a huge tactical error.
"Another pair of g_damned shoes! More suede!? 'What do they look like???' They look like three or four other pairs you already have. What is wrong with you?"

Or maybe that's just my house.
blush.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
12D, maybe I'm getting the velcro sandals. Or, on a more hopeful note, maybe the bubblewrap is filled with helium.

Well, if they're not velcro sandals and you don't keep 'em, let me know!
sly.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
"Another pair of g_damned shoes! More suede!? 'What do they look like???' They look like three or four other pairs you already have. What is wrong with you?"

blush.gif

rofl

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston

blush.gif

Just when I was thinking you have a surprisingly understanding wife...
tounge.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It surprises me that Polo -- of all organizations -- would "leave money on the table" by selling EGs for well under the price it could get. Nevertheless, it is entirely possible that Polo is liquidating its EG stock in preparation for its switch to a new shoe manufacturer. If that is the case, I think we can expect a fire sale the likes we haven't seen since the legendary Paul Stuart sale.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You know my wife?
wink.gif

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
You know my wife?
wink.gif

I just know my wife... and the idea that I'd ask her to open up a box of shoes and have her describe them to me, especially when the receipt will be sitting next them, so that I can report back to the SF... well, that's beyond a possibility for me.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Nevertheless, it is entirely possible that Polo is liquidating its EG stock in preparation for its switch to a new shoe manufacturer. If that is the case, I think we can expect a fire sale the likes we haven't seen since the legendary Paul Stuart sale.

Looks like the number of posts in this thread is going to exceed the legendary Paul Stuart sale thread. This PL Corben sale is becoming a legend of its own for the entertaintment value, suspense, and the it's-EG-no-it's-not-now-it's-no-it's-not-it-probably-is roller coaster ride.
laugh.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
I guess it's that obvious that a clueless denizen of a tropical country may not know how to take care of his beloved EGs in a Boston winter.

My, I wonder how she might have deduced such about you...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads