1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drake, Sep 10, 2006.

1. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Good man.

I don't get it. What's the difference?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I don't get it. What's the difference?

it's an inside joke from last Xmas.....long story short, JoseP bought some shoes at the Mansion in NYC, tried to return them with sole wear to Rodeo, got the cold shoulder from salesman Todd when JoseP got into some dispute over the NYC salestax

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

So, I wonder if the AA folk are just laughing themselves silly?

On a side note, 99.9% of the American public would think the shoes sent out are pretty snazzy indeed.

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

LOL, jokes on us. [​IMG]

Did somebody say I could take these back to a Polo outlet for a refund??

5. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

it's an inside joke from last Xmas.....long story short, JoseP bought some shoes at the Mansion in NYC, tried to return them with sole wear to Rodeo, got the cold shoulder from salesman Todd when JoseP got into some dispute over the NYC salestax
    Yeah, basically they refunded the wrong amount and Todd shouted at me to go back to New York until they realized they had in fact screwed up.

The Mansion really is a much nicer place to shop. I had the privilege of seeing the Purple Label looks on the mannequins there.

6. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

When these come to my office on Friday, I'm planning on going right to the mansion after work to return these... that's why i ask.

In other news:

Did anyone see the "window shopping" across the street. It was only for US Open Polo gear, but it was pretty cool.

Maybe someone mentioned it in another thread. If not, see here

7. southgate house

southgate house Senior member

i find the staff for menswear at the RL in san francisco to be pretty annoying as well.

8. j

j Senior member Admin

This thread was great. I loved the chorse picture. Thank you all for this entertainment.

BTW, they do read the forum, or at least someone who works there does, using a polo.com IP.

9. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

This thread was great. I loved the chorse picture. Thank you all for this entertainment.

BTW, they do read the forum, or at least someone who works there does, using a polo.com IP.

Well, I hope that he understands that he can get rid of any EGs he has that are extra by putting a sale on here.

Heck I have bought 3 pair of RLPL shoes this year NOT counting this pair. And not counting the C&Js that I have bought of Polo provenance from GVH.

And I am way behind several others on the fora.

Perry

10. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

i find the staff for menswear at the RL in san francisco to be pretty annoying as well.
    The best RL salesman I met was a guy from the Mansion named Scott. When I passed by last week, I actually asked for him, but it was his day off.

11. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Wow - I'm gone for three days and this happens?

I just lived the entire roller-coaster in 20 minutes of reading. I was ticked I missed the sale at first, but got to see the whole thing unfold in 20 minutes. At least I didn't have to wait 3 days for the pictures of the delivered product.

12. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

That's evident, considering they pulled the plug on last year's coupon stack bug in two hours. But why didn't they say anything before all those orders were shipped? Also, I wonder if you'd expected them to have some guy chiming in to "are these EGs" or "are these C&Js" threads.

Incidentally, I was wondering what led the EG people to say that the "stern" had become the mysterious "Corben." Maybe they got pointed to the erroneous website page?

13. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

chorse that picture had me rolling over in laughter, one for the ages.

I can only imagine the looks on some of your guys faces when you feverishly opened the shoe boxes when they arrived. Lets hope none of you shipped them to your work...

15. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Green greed is bad.

!luc

16. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Josepidal,

I took the Corben's back (unopened) to the Rodeo Drive store this weekend. Actually they were quite civil.

What a street. My wife and I spent hours shopping (not without damage) and trying on this and that (some great shoes at the RL store inclucing some new slip on suede EGs as well as some EG chukka boots and lots of JL and Santor Mantelassi at NM on Wilshire).

The Battistoni trunk show was happening at Barney's. Wow they cut thier garments long. I thought Isaia was cut long but the e54R Battistoni was as long as my e54L Isaias.

And the shop, Battaglia, had some beautiful Aritiolis as well as thier own line of sport coats that I loved as well as their standard fare (the Brioni Triano line).

Perry

17. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I took the Corben's back (unopened) to the Rodeo Drive store this weekend. Actually they were quite civil.
    Did you meet Todd? :p

18. thinman

thinman Senior member

Actually, I bought a pair of shell cordovan boots last week from Danny Shannon in the San Fran store who was very cordial. He honored my discount code and shipped them the very same day to my brother in Oklahoma, so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. I'll pick them up next week when I visit.

I feel for you guys who didn't get your EG shoes. I personally think it was a RL plot to disperse the shoes to their retail stores without having to pay shipping.[​IMG]

What's this about RL discontinuing EG shoes??? They had some Purple Label shoes in the San Fran store that are made in Italy. I hope this isn't a harbinger of the future!

19. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Actually, I bought a pair of shell cordovan boots last week from Danny Shannon in the San Fran store who was very cordial. He honored my discount code and shipped them the very same day to my brother in Oklahoma, so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. I'll pick them up next week when I visit.

Danny Shannon is a prince.

Perry

20. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

[​IMG]
    I only got these today.

I'm curious, though. What quality were they? Would you say they're up to Allen Edmonds quality?

I was wondering if they were welted, and if the construction was not so bad. The shape is just... shapeless.