• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL suit - made with rayon?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Disappointing if it is true. :confused:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inner tag is rather suspicious. '34% Virgen Wool'.

The vendor's having a joke as well isen't it? Buy it now $495 USD, for a second hand, 64% rayon(plastic) suit.

Last edited:

david123

Reaction score
Yikes, I had that on my watch list. I hadn't noticed the rayon bit, but wouldn't have guessed it was a fake. This makes me anxious about buying on ebay.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% fake..no question about it.

Last edited:

aMb

Reaction score
Why is everyone saying it's fake - I very much doubt it looking at the detail of the jacket. I think it's a Cantarelli label and probably an early RLBL before they were made by Caruso.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

100% fake..no question about it.

Why is everyone saying it's fake - I very much doubt it looking at the detail of the jacket. I think it's a Cantarelli label and probably an early RLBL before they were made by Caruso.

I was messing around, since everyone seems to jump on the fake train. It looks legit. I have an early RLBL peak lapel coat. The tag looks identical, save the Rayon. Mine is 97% Virgen Wool and 3% Elastane. All the text on the tag are similar to the text on mine.

The seller's feedback is sketchy if you only look at the negative. Looks like he had a few issues. But I doubt the fake claims are true, however the claims of some items with ripped lining and frayed clothing probably are and he was not responsive to those people in terms of refund, then again those people could be assholes and trying to cheat him out of something. I know what its like on eBay, and it is usually a ruthless arena of hyenas preying on anything they can.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rayon is actually a semi-synthetic fiber, not plastic. It's used for improved stretching. But for the main component of a suit material? No, I would say...

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if it is fake or not, but if it's real it's sad that RLBL is using/used rayon for anything other than lining.

In the words of another poster a while back... "after you are done using the suit, you can use it as a trash bag!" :laugh:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have no idea if it is fake or not, but if it's real it's sad that RLBL is using/used rayon for anything other than lining.

In the words of another poster a while back... "after you are done using the suit, you can use it as a trash bag!" :laugh:

Its most likely an older suit, probably when Black Label was still starting out.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That tag is the same as the one inside an older RLPL cotton blazer that I have. St. Andrew's, I thought. Definitely not Caruso.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That tag is the same as the one inside an older RLPL cotton blazer that I have. St. Andrew's, I thought. Definitely not Caruso.

Is it really the same? I checked my St. And tag and it looks nothing like it. But again, it could be an older model.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i already confirmed that mine looks the same. i have a peak lapel sport coat from RLBL. Its an older make and its legit. The tag says virgen wool and it los exactly the same as the tag in the ebay pic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics