• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Anthony Tuxedo Black vs. RL Anthony Tuxedo Purple

dylanej

Reaction score
Looking for Help. I love the RL Tuexedos and want to get one for my wedding, I had tried on the Anthony Black Label a couple years ago and then went into RL and see the Anthony Tuxedo is now Purple label as Black no longer exists.

My question is, is it the same tuxedo the same or different? I can find Black Label Anthony Tuxedo's on sale for about $1,000 cheaper - but not sure if it is the exact same tuxedo or not? I have got mixed messages from Sales folks saying they are either the exact same or close to the same, but the new Purple label has better fabric (if so, does anyone know if the enhanced quality would even be noticeable)?

Thank You!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sales people say they upgraded the fabric slightly. But for all intensive purposes I'd treat them as the same. The fit is the same & really thats the most important thing. If they did upgrade the fabric it's a marginal difference.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking for Help. I love the RL Tuexedos and want to get one for my wedding, I had tried on the Anthony Black Label a couple years ago and then went into RL and see the Anthony Tuxedo is now Purple label as Black no longer exists.

My question is, is it the same tuxedo the same or different? I can find Black Label Anthony Tuxedo's on sale for about $1,000 cheaper - but not sure if it is the exact same tuxedo or not? I have got mixed messages from Sales folks saying they are either the exact same or close to the same, but the new Purple label has better fabric (if so, does anyone know if the enhanced quality would even be noticeable)?

Thank You!

I don't know about the upgraded fabric (as said above, any upgrade is probably marginal and unnoticeable).

Keep in mind that black label always had nice fabrics. I don't see how they could get that much better at the price point.

My advice is to save the $1k and get a black label suit.

Out of curiosity, what's your suit size and budget?

linds_15

Reaction score
went through the same process, i tried on the purple label anthony cut at saks and ordered the black label version from a member on here, @dijor who had a pretty good selection of styles and sizes when i bought it. if the fabric is nicer on the one i tried on at the store i did not notice any difference, fit is the same.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your ref linds_15 you was a great customer ;)

If somebody is interested I still have some sizes left and I will ship FREE Worldwide.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads