• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

ElBron21

Reaction score

new Pecos

Bitchin

MuskieFan

Reaction score
I had a lot of heel slippage on my Beckman's. However, with a few weeks of wear it has almost completely gone away

Fooleo

Reaction score
Really dig those 8188s but I'm worried about my narrow feet leading to some awful heel slip with those. I've been wearing a pair of 2268 engineers and through the rest of the boot fits perfect, I just can't get the heel ship to go fully away

conqueror

Reaction score
how do people size on the 3141 chukka?

i wear a US 12 in most sneakers, a US 11 in clarks and ordered these in a US 11. i was worried they would be too small, but if anything they seem too loose.

i can return them fairly easily, but ordering a 10.5 and trying them on (and sending them back if they were too small) would be an expensive headache due to living in australia (no one stocks the chukka here).

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do people size on the 3141 chukka?

i wear a US 12 in most sneakers, a US 11 in clarks and ordered these in a US 11. i was worried they would be too small, but if anything they seem too lose.

i can return them fairly easily, but ordering a 10.5 and trying them on (and sending them back if they were too small) would be an expensive headache due to living in australia (no one stocks the chukka here).

I'm a US 12 in some Redwing, but some designs are just that bit too small. With the engineered boots I bought a pair of these and they solved the problem perfectly: http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/USD/product/accessories/insole-comfort-force-96318#productDetails1

conqueror

Reaction score

I'm a US 12 in some Redwing, but some designs are just that bit too small. With the engineered boots I bought a pair of these and they solved the problem perfectly: http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/USD/product/accessories/insole-comfort-force-96318#productDetails1

thanks for the heads up. out of interest, what do you wear in sneakers or clarks (if you own any)? i'm still leaning towards ordering a 10.5, but it'll be a $75ish gamble...

i had a pair of 875s 5+ years ago but sadly can't remember what size they were.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the heads up. out of interest, what do you wear in sneakers or clarks (if you own any)? i'm still leaning towards ordering a 10.5, but it'll be a $75ish gamble...

i had a pair of 875s 5+ years ago but sadly can't remember what size they were.

UK12 / US 12.5 Adidas
UK11 / US12 Vans

Clarks Desert boots UK 11 (not sure what US equivalent is)

RW Iron rangers - US12 (but they're a bit snug in the forefoot for me)
RW Engineer boots - US13 with inserts
RW Mocs - not sure which models off hand, both US 12, one pair fits like a glove, the others are a bit narrow in the forefoot.

Not sure how useful this is - I've got feet like flippers (narrow heel, wide up front).

conqueror

Reaction score

UK12 / US 12.5 Adidas
UK11 / US12 Vans

Clarks Desert boots UK 11 (not sure what US equivalent is)

RW Iron rangers - US12 (but they're a bit snug in the forefoot for me)
RW Engineer boots - US13 with inserts
RW Mocs - not sure which models off hand, both US 12, one pair fits like a glove, the others are a bit narrow in the forefoot.

Not sure how useful this is - I've got feet like flippers (narrow heel, wide up front).

haha, sounds like i have the exact same shaped feet but i describe them as inverted triangles!

very useful. it's interesting that also you wear a 12 in vans (which i also wear), but a 12 in RW - although i'm finding the chukkas in a 11 too big?! if anything the consensus seems to be that the chukka fits small.

perthboy

Reaction score
I'm contemplating buying the RW Foreman or the Rancourt Blake chukka. Which would you recommend?

Are there any other soft sole chukkas around $300 that I should consider?

I need something comfortable for weekends and travel. Thanks.

Bingham

Reaction score

new Pecos

Just got some Pecos boots myself- great boots. My one issue is that the vamp is a bit wide- I have a lot of room where it hits at my upper ankle/lower calf. Does anyone know whether it is possible to have the vamp narrowed on these?

Avanty

Reaction score
Hello ! I think there is a problem with sole of my postman. I wear them for 4 months only and it seems that the front of the sole (mainly) wears out quickly. What do you think ?

Newberry

Reaction score

I had a lot of heel slippage on my Beckman's. However, with a few weeks of wear it has almost completely gone away

Right now I have some heel slippage with my Beckmans, but I've only worn them a few times. A size smaller was crushing the front of my foot. Maybe the last doesn't work for me that well. I was starting to regret the purchase. Maybe if I'm lucky it will go away just like yours. I mean the heel slippage doesn't bother me as much as the first wear nor does it cause blisters or anything, but it would still be nice if it didn't have it

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads