1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

If your pinky toe is getting squished, how in the world is the length "fine"?

1 person likes this.
  2. Zaim Fuzi

Zaim Fuzi Member

i had similar issue with my RW1907..

after a month.. sold them.. wasn't comfortable at all

3. ClassAct

ClassAct Well-Known Member

Well it's getting squashed from the side not the front of the boot. If the length was any more then my foot would be sliding back and forth in the boot.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  4. ClassAct

I just noticed this post, I wonder if the break in will accommodate the width of my foot?

5. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I have had mine for a week now and had the same issue with mine. It is getting better and they are getting more comfortable. I think you just have to break them in.

6. ClassAct

Ah cool. Just to clarify, the model is 1907. Made a typo before.

How are you finding them? They are chunkier than I expected. The leather is very different - not sure what kind of conditioner I could use on it.

7. tom delgado

tom delgado Well-Known Member

Hello all!
    Is anyone intetested in a swap between red wings 877? I have a us 11,5 and I need an 11.
    Thanks!

8. cj10

cj10 Active Member

I have a red wing 2935 and i would like to make it shinier(it is matte black currently out of d box) ihave a rw black boot cream. Can someone teach me how to apply it

9. ShaneB

ShaneB Senior member

If it takes you a 'year' to 'break' in a pair of shoes then clearly they're too small for you. It shouldn't take a year to break a £160 pair of shoes.

Buy a little too big than too small.

10. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Yea I figured you meant the 1907's.

Its funny I used to always hate the moc boots because I thought they looked to chunky but over the past year the more I saw them and after trying them on I became a fan. I mean it takes some getting used to as I am used to my Beckmans but I am enjoying them just as much if not more. As fare as caring for them I havent bought any product but this should help you choose the right stuff. http://www.redwingheritage.com/care

11. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I'd go TTS on them. That's what I did after the half size smaller was also squishing my toes...

12. ClassAct

You know, it's been 3 days and they've actually gotten more comfortable. I can imagine them getting nicer in a couple months.
    I like to have a snug fit and am not a fan of heel slip, so this is probably the size for me.

1 person likes this.
  13. ShaneB

ShaneB Senior member

The heal only usually slips for the first week or so as they're breaking in - a bit of heel slip, intitially, is normal.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. Daddyhammy21

Daddyhammy21 New Member

This is my 1 month old 875 oro legacy heritage boots. They don't come with the Red Wing logo at the sides but I love em coz they're heritage leather & style....[​IMG]

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

they look better unbranded anyway

1 person likes this.
  16. Daddyhammy21

Daddyhammy21 New Member

That's true Masshi...

17. Daddyhammy21

Daddyhammy21 New Member

My bro owns these roughout leather 6 inch mocs bought way back in the 90's...
    they need resoling & reconstruction of the leather...
    anyways he's selling them off as what they are right now....
    no logos at the sides & insoles...
    only 1 rectangular tag on the right tongue without sizing...[​IMG][/IMG]

18. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which one of Otterwax or Obernauf LP would be better to wax Iron Ranger Hawthornes ? I know most people use LP but I was curious if anyone has used Otterwax or both.

19. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Otterwax is built for a completely different purpose than for shoe/leather protection...so I'd definitely go with Obenauf's if you want to use a beeswax type of product on your IRs. Different compositions and additives. I like otterwax and have used it on a few things that I own (a jacket, canvas backpack, etc), but I would never use it on my shoes/boots.

1 person likes this.
  20. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I did not know if it would be better since it was more of a natural product and I thought I read where some of the formulas had changed for Obernauf and Sno Seal, containing less wax. But I might have dreamed that lol..... I will definitely go with the Obernaufs though. Most of the pictures I have seen that I like used it any way.