• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent commissions (Zegna Couture)

naturlaut

Reaction score
Dear members, The board is growing. Â It's great to see so many new members. Finally signed up for a hosting service --- Image Shack doesn't allow me to access their site due to my current location (Hong Kong) so I can't view or uploading anything on Image Shack. Â Here are some of my recent commissions, do give me suggestions and criticism.
ZegnaNCCustom01a.jpg
ZegnaNCCustom02a.jpg
ZegnaNCCustom08a.jpg
ZegnaNCCustom10a.jpg
Zegna Couture (formerly Napoli Couture) Material : 60% linen, 40% silk NC uses a separate collection of fabrics from the regular Zegna (for old time's sake, I will continue to call it Napoli Couture). Â They are usually finer, offers a better hand, and has a natural shine that the others do not have. Â I picked this mainly because of its weight; it is very light. Â Zegna's fabrics are graded and priced in a alphabetical scheme: 'A' for cheapest, 'H' for more expensive, and so on. Â I think this fabric was around 'F', and it came out to be around US$2200. Fit: very light. Â The shoulder of the jacket wraps around my shoulders pretty comfortably, without the burden of heavy padding or stiffness. Â The armhole is relatively high, especially at the front of the armhole. Â The lapel roll is good, not perfect, but good nevertheless. Â Since it's a 3-button-rolled-on-2, the top button will not be used. Â The second button is placed at 2" below my rib cage. Â Large patch pockets at the level of the last button, they are lined with a think piece of cotton in matching colour (this lining resembles those used in Oxxford pants). Â I ordered it quarter lined --- the lining will stop at the side of your body (a half-lined jacket will have the lining going a bit further back, usually stops at where the side-vent flap begins). Â The seams inside the jacket are exposed, though they are obviously not trying to cover them (some tailors fold the fabric onto itself to provide added protection for the seams). Â Handstitching is evident in the entire jacket. Since it is only a MTM, there are many features that I cannot customized. Â For example, the back neck is not a tiny bit too low for my body; maybe 1/8" higher would be better. Â Now if I wear a shirt that has higher neck (like 2" collar band) this would not look very nice. Â Also, since it's a quarter-lined jacket, the waist could be taken in just a bit to give a more pronounced dividing line between the upper chest and jacket skirt. Â It is a very comfortably tailored jacket. Â The fabric is definitely the best part of it. Rating: *** (out of 5) Value: *** (out of 5)

naturlaut

Reaction score
For those who have missed this post, do give some thoughts on this coat. Thank you.

Naturlaut

BjornH

Reaction score
It's a fine coat but I suspect much is lost in the photography as it's very hard to do the fabric justice without professional lighting. What surprises me is the cost. $2200 is way below what I would expect to pay for MTM Zegna NC, not that I've had the courage to ask around.

When you get tired of it I'll be watching ebay like a hawk - we use the same size execpt my arms are 1/2 inch longer or so.

B

edit: And thank you once again for these reports. They are much appreciated as looking at clothes is much more satisfying than reading about them.

1Dgaf

Reaction score
Is the notch where the collar meets the lapel (the gorge?) larger than on most 'highstreet' RTW suits at the moment? The placement of it seems slightly lower than I see being worn on the street, which is something I like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads