• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If in midtown and in need of peace and quiet (or for calls of nature) then use hotel lobbies. Clean, open 24/7.

Yeah, I was only going to buy coffee and a bagel or something as rent for a table, like buying a $25 espresso in St. Mark's Square. Eventually made my call from one of those glass-enclosed ATM lobbies outside a bank branch.
Seemed like a better option than one of those coin-operated public toilet things.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I noticed this **** on my run. "Museum Mile" or something stupid that involved lots of lines.

I got diverted at 106 onto Park which is a one lane shitfest. Finally made it over to Lex and then spent 35 minutes looking for parking which I found at 2nd and 89. I was going to Madison and 86.

I'm sorry you had to come to the UES. After a year here, I still have not found one redeeming quality to this place.

I was unaware that people voluntarily came here for a dinner out. Seems absurd to me.

This was a local place that was packed. If it wouldn't have been a pain ********** I would sent everything back.

Oh well.

lefty

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
can't blame some festival here ... who drives from Harlem to the UES?

in any event, we might be making a move up to Harlem.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm sorry you had to come to the UES. After a year here, I still have not found one redeeming quality to this place.

I was unaware that people voluntarily came here for a dinner out. Seems absurd to me.

The park by the water is nice...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can't blame some festival here ... who drives from Harlem to the UES?
in any event, we might be making a move up to Harlem.

I do. My car is in my building and normally that's a 15 minute drive with easy parking.

Where? West, central or east? Above or below 125? The sweet spot would be a brownstone below and west, but be prepared for a little sticker shock.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best deals are in the East, though you have shittier restaurants and are a slave to the 4/5/6. Think about that.

lefty

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
How many days between now and Halloween will it not be necessary to carry an umbrella? 4? Less?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The park by the water is nice...
Once again, you're correct. Carl Shurz Park and the general Gracie Sq/East End Ave is the only oasis in this neighborhood. This is where we spend all our time because thoughts of collective suicide come to mind when roaming any of the UES avenues from Lex to York.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
no tourist clogged streets either, the main problem with most parts of downtown

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads