• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ray Ban Wayfarer with Reflective Lenses

VancouverWillie

Reaction score
I've been searching long and hard with no success. Where can I find Ray Ban Wayfarers with REFLECTIVE/MIRROR lenses?

Couple Examples:
THIS
2h6d1sx.jpg

THIS
zac-efron.jpg

NOT THIS
nicole%20ray%20bans.gif

Hopefully you guys can give me a hand!

Thanks everyone.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a great starter post...

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer but there was nothing wrong with the question.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I've never seen Wayfarers with mirrored lenses. I'd guess they are not real Ray Bans but rather some type of wayfarer-style glasses.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a real ray ban wayfarer with reflective lenses. The photos with them above are not ray bans...

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very simple to get Ray Bans with mirror lenses. Buy the standard pair, and have the lenses crafted specially. I have a pair--with blue Zeiss polarized reflective lenses. Get compliments all the time.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those don't appear to be Ray Bans. Plenty of companies make wayfarers, it wouldn't be hard to find one with mirrored lenses. I've seen some cheapo ones at gas stations and the like.

Although EBugatti is correct in that it's not hard to get replacement lenses for nearly any pair of glasses.

Maxwell314

Reaction score
Digging up an old post upon finding it on google.

CORRECTION!!: Yes, there are reflective AND mirrored lenses on Ray Ban Wayfarers, I have a pair of B&L Wayfarer with a reflective gradient (looks mirrored in most environments) B-15 Lens. I've also seen Wayfarers with mirrored (colored and noncolored) on the vintage sunglass websites.

I prefer the B&L glasses to the newer Luxotica Ray Bans, the lens seem to be of higher quality, and they just feel more solid.

That being said, it would be much much cheaper just to buy cheap China wayfarer knockoffs with the mirrored lens, but if you want real Ray Bans with Reflective/Mirrored, you might have to go B&L new old stock. Or if you just want the Ray Ban Logo and don't care about genuineness you can get branded knockoffs on ebay.

BLRayBanMan

Reaction score
Back in the b&l era there were many mirrored wayfarers...I had several pairs with several different mirror coatings...matte tortoise with orange mirror g-15 springs to mind....hideous really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics