• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rant: incompetence from UPS and Shoebuy.com

soupcxan

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Allen-Edmonds Park Avenues from Shoebuy.com when they were on sale last week. Yesterday, the UPS tracking number said the shoes were delivered, so I was excited to get them when I arrived home after work. I get home, and there are no shoes to be found anywhere. I call UPS and ask, where is my package? They said "we show that it was delivered to 123 Brownhorse Street" and I say "that's great, but the address on the package was 123 BrownWOOD Street." I check google maps and 123 brownhorse street doesn't even exist in my area. I ask UPS how I am supposed to get my package. They tell me that only the shipper can initiate a trace, not a customer. By this time shoebuy.com is closed so there's nothing I can do.

Today I call shoebuy.com and explain the situation to them. They tell me that they will contact UPS to start the trace, and that it could take 8-10 days, and if the shoes don't turn up, they will give me a credit. I tell them that I don't want to wait another 2 weeks for my shoes, I already waited a week, and asked them if they can ship me a new pair in the meantime since the first package may never turn up. They refuse. The second issue is that I don't want a credit - I want the park avenues I ordered at the price I got when they were on sale. It was a substantial discount from their current price. Shoebuy was completely unhelpful. I know this problem was not shoebuy's fault, but don't they have any interest in customer satisfaction?

I call UPS back this morning to try to get the phone number of the local warehouse so I could contact them and see if their driver knows where he dropped them, or if he could try to pick them up on his run today. They wouldn't give me that number ("we do everything via email" - yeah right) but they tell me a different story - I can start the trace, it doesn't have to be the shipper, since it was clearly UPS's fault (UPS had the correct address listed on the invoice). Ok, fine. This UPS rep was more helpful than the first and actually called shoebuy to try to get them to send a new pair since it is unknown if the original package can be found. But the shoebuy person who deals with that wasn't around while I was on the line. So who knows.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know who frustrating this is. If UPS shows the shoes were delivered, then the chances of turning up later on is very very slim. In other words, you will most likely get a full credit from shoebuy. So I would just buy another pair if your size is still available and on sale if I were you. Good luck.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soupcxan
I ordered a pair of Allen-Edmonds Park Avenues from Shoebuy.com when they were on sale last week. Yesterday, the UPS tracking number said the shoes were delivered, so I was excited to get them when I arrived home after work. I get home, and there are no shoes to be found anywhere. I call UPS and ask, where is my package? They said "we show that it was delivered to 123 Brownhorse Street" and I say "that's great, but the address on the package was 123 BrownWOOD Street." I check google maps and 123 brownhorse street doesn't even exist in my area. I ask UPS how I am supposed to get my package. They tell me that only the shipper can initiate a trace, not a customer. By this time shoebuy.com is closed so there's nothing I can do.

Today I call shoebuy.com and explain the situation to them. They tell me that they will contact UPS to start the trace, and that it could take 8-10 days, and if the shoes don't turn up, they will give me a credit. I tell them that I don't want to wait another 2 weeks for my shoes, I already waited a week, and asked them if they can ship me a new pair in the meantime since the first package may never turn up. They refuse. The second issue is that I don't want a credit - I want the park avenues I ordered at the price I got when they were on sale. It was a substantial discount from their current price. Shoebuy was completely unhelpful. I know this problem was not shoebuy's fault, but don't they have any interest in customer satisfaction?

I call UPS back this morning to try to get the phone number of the local warehouse so I could contact them and see if their driver knows where he dropped them, or if he could try to pick them up on his run today. They wouldn't give me that number ("we do everything via email" - yeah right) but they tell me a different story - I can start the trace, it doesn't have to be the shipper, since it was clearly UPS's fault (UPS had the correct address listed on the invoice). Ok, fine. This UPS rep was more helpful than the first and actually called shoebuy to try to get them to send a new pair since it is unknown if the original package can be found. But the shoebuy person who deals with that wasn't around while I was on the line. So who knows.

This part really blows (unless they no longer have those shoes in stock)...I feel for you as I just had a similar issue, but luckily the pacakage was found.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I have my UPS driver's cellphone number & the number to the local hub that delivers in my area. If you know the driver, try finding him & asking about your package.

Also, did they say who signed for it and what time it was delivered? This may be helpful in jogging the driver's memory.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you get your shoes. What I don't like from these shipping companies is when I pay for overnight shipping and wait for the package the whole day it is scheduled to be delivered and they don't even attempt to deliver it. It just defeats the purpose of paying overnight shipping. This annoys me a lot.

soupcxan

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the driver's number and the UPS rep wouldn't give me the hub's number either. The tracking info says that the package was "left at front door" so there's not even a signature or name to trace. The address doesn't exist so they can't look up a phone number for them either.

My shoebuy order was for $234, which is a substantial discount. If I place a new order, it would be at $325 - and if I wanted to pay retail, I could've just gone to the mall and avoided this whole mess. I'm going to be a very unhappy customer if shoebuy doesn't deliver a pair shoes to me at the originally contracted price we agreed upon.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if they dont, just reverse the charge. Down with the man.... MANNNNNNN

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
if they dont, just reverse the charge. Down with the man.... MANNNNNNN
Yes, quite easy to do if you used Amex.

soupcxan

Reaction score
I'm not worried about getting my money back - I can definitely dispute the charge if it comes to that. But I'll be out an extra $100 getting those park avenues versus my original order with shoebuy.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soupcxan
I'm not worried about getting my money back - I can definitely dispute the charge if it comes to that. But I'll be out an extra $100 getting those park avenues versus my original order with shoebuy.

Just wait, in few weeks Shoebuy should have another sale and you will get it for the same price.

soupcxan

Reaction score
Well, UPS found the shoes and delivered them, only 5 days late, so all's well that ends well. But I wasn't very impressed by how UPS and Shoebuy handled the situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads