• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Thoughts from my Recent Trip.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got backed from a week in Paris and London. Overall the mood seemed really good all things considered. Just a few clothing inspired highlights...

- John Lobb Paris has just launched a new made-to-measure line called Mogador. They blow anything I've seen from G&G, EG, JL out of the water with prices to match - starting at 2700EU. The monk strap and captoes were highlights.

- Old England is alive - finally. Albert Goldberg has taken completely over the shop and brought in new life. Probably the best selection I've seen on casual wear, better than BC at half the price. Also has an apparel arts line that is well priced and made by Caruso I believe.

- Arny's is still - in my mind - one of the most beautiful men's stores in the world. Best selection of high priced accessories anywhere. Broke down and bought a couple of seven folds and a pocket square (60EU)!

- I was in Charvet for over an hour and every single customer in the shop was American - every single one. The staff seemed annoyed. Finally took the time to see the bespoke suit operation - really cool.

- If you've been to Paris and haven't taken the time to head north and check out the vintage markets (aux puces) you should. Unbelievable selection of cufflinks, vintage hankies, ties, etc...plus art, furniture.

- LH is carrying a lot of things they weren't 12 months ago. Polos, shoes (SW1), overcoats, and umbrellas. They just got in a bunch of new Riva and DJ Anderson fabrics by the bolt - worth checking out if you are in the area.

Siggy

Reaction score
Prices starting at 2700 for RTW shoes is ridiculous IMO, but I suppose there are some that will buy.

Et Londres alors? London is surely better for men's shopping than Paris.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes those Kuro.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Best meal?

- B

Probably either the Bristol in Paris or the Ledbury in London.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not yet...here is she in a coat for Kate Moss.

p1000412i.jpg

Seat from my chair at the Bristol.

p1000284y.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Probably either the Bristol in Paris or the Ledbury in London.

You're developing big timer tendancies. Well done, but you will have to move if this trend continues.

- B

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Yes those Kuro.

hmmm, then something confuses me about your post (sounds like semi-bespoke from your description and the price you are quoting) and that blog (which describes them as bespoke). Also, for some strange reason Lobb Paris refers to its bespoke as made to measure...i'm supposed to go to the boutique this week so I'll try to get some info to round this out.

Anyway, it sounds like a great trip and I would like to hear more about the vintage markets. Perhaps in the Fine Living, Home & Design sub-forum?

ps we can see your lady friend's face in the mirror (well done sir).

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excellent post! where are the london goods? are you still plannin to post pics of your A&S items, etc. or did I miss them in an earlier post?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most of the stuff is on order - I'll post when I receive.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro

ps we can see your lady friend's face in the mirror (well done sir).

No this place is creepy enough for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads