• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yes... but acceptance can occur on receipt of payment ... might depend on terms, state law, etc... whatever this isn't contract law class.

After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.

this is where you missed out. had you construed your desire in the above context they certainly would have decided it was easier to just keep you happy. since they gave you the 20% and you said OK, they thought that was enough and you thereby lost your opportunity to get the discount they first offered. anyway...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've been buying a shitload of cigars lately and smoking them. I don't really see any clothes that do it for me these days (dare I say some mc stuff turns me on though).

fistinyoface

Reaction score
trying to wring a retailer over an honest mistake is kinda ******. we're not talking about walmart or something.

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

If you read my original post, I was simply gauging people's opinions on whether or not they would have made a big deal out of it, as I originally did not. Then someone mentioned the legalities behind it, so I looked into it. Not contacting them about it again since it's not worth the time/effort.

But your analogy is off - if a waiter gave me a bill that was 30% lower than what I owed, and I paid and was leaving when they said "wait, wait, we gave you the wrong bill!", I'd be pissed (moreso than I am over this). There's a different between trying to capitalize on a mistake and being a benefactor (unknowingly) of an error.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

this isn't remotely analogous to what happened... no "wringing" or "comping" involved.

Last edited:

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score

who makes the boots? nice.

Hi!
They are from Danner. I bought them in a TK Maxx store and tried to find them online and I only found them in Japanese online stores for some reason. There they were called "plain boot d0020" or something like that.

Last edited:

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dudes, let's stop this moral maneuvering about what you're owed and pseudo lawyering in the name of saving 50 bucks. they made a mistake, acknowledged it and offered a compromise. find better things to worry about

RFT: stumbled into a fit this morning and surprised how much I liked the color scheme. has me thinking more about geller stuff, sepia denim most notably

fistinyoface

Reaction score
If you read my original post, I was simply gauging people's opinions on whether or not they would have made a big deal out of it, as I originally did not. Then someone mentioned the legalities behind it, so I looked into it. Not contacting them about it again since it's not worth the time/effort.

But your analogy is off - if a waiter gave me a bill that was 30% lower than what I owed, and I paid and was leaving when they said "wait, wait, we gave you the wrong bill!", I'd be pissed (moreso than I am over this). There's a different between trying to capitalize on a mistake and being a benefactor (unknowingly) of an error.

Analogy wars: You never received the item. The meal, in your example, you had already consumed.

It's entitled because you're getting pissy over a genuine mistake and expecting to be compensated for it. You even got offered a discount. If this is the sort of thing that gets you going then you should probably take a step away from the computer.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went shopping with Ms. CWI today. Sale season at a bunch of random little boutiques in SF: bought 1 necklace, 2x cuffs, 5 knits, 1 dress, 1 skirt and 1 shirt for < $200. Meanwhile on Styleforum: :foo:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Waiting for another GILT code lol

I think I've gotten one thing from them in the last 2 years and it wasn't even for me, was a gift... their **** isn't even on sale really.

hipster

Reaction score

:rotflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads