• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really hating all you NYC bros right now. :plain: (8)

Last edited:

The Thin Man

Reaction score

Thanks. Looks like I'll limit any searching to mid-century furniture accessories.

While it's not a great, a stroll down North 2nd and 3rd Streets is worthwhile, particularly the small clothes rack at Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction and Sugarcube. Minima is one of the best contemporary furniture stores in the country.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, of course, agree. Well I sorta like linen blends for summer but for, say, a dinner jacket so...
Irony is worst than rolled up chinos and a bowtiw though, truly the cancer of our times.

irony says, "of course I know cancer is bad, but mine also nourishes this particular self image I'm pinned to so I deal with the pain." those who aren't aware just get a little surprise when when their style metastasizes into a cliche.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While it's not a great, a stroll down North 2nd and 3rd Streets is worthwhile, particularly the small clothes rack at Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction and Sugarcube. Minima is one of the best contemporary furniture stores in the country.

I will be sure to do so. Thanks!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If You Do Not Own The Following Things, You Are Not Well Dressed:
- a fear of self-expression, manifesting in a desperate desire to adhere to some set of rules put in place by some kind of authority that this responsibility can be ceded to, even if said authority is an idealized imagination from an age that never occurred
- an inability to judge the worth of design, masked by an assumption that worth can be fully equated to quality of materials
- an utter disdain for those who do not have the previous two failings, and a belief that they are somehow responsible for the decline in the culture you claim to love but do not actually love as it is merely a representation of your own disintegrating personal life
- 6,000 posts in the "huge fuckin' ****" thread

This pretty much sums up the worst parts of MC, but the best members are pretty far away from this.

The whole point of Manton's post was to address the people who think that they're dressing better than people on the street because they wear a sportcoat in inappropriate situations/know what goodyear welted shoes are/have a false adoration for something that never existed.

6nBST.png
Lacoste. ย hmm.

This is bad, and will look terrible in person. I know, I hate to make those dismissive judgements, but I've seen those shoes (or similar one from lacoste) and they are bad.

Plokhov sale was awesome, thanks Bows for telling me to go. Got 4 great pieces for like $240.

We gotta see them bro, more fits!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You don't "get" that people that wear ties with suits and blazers would have at least 10-15 ties? I mean I was thinking of starting a "10 essential ties" thread in MC and get that so I'm ok. Right now I think I have a few TB wool ties, a black tie for funerals, a few randoms and that's about it.

1 navy grenadine is all I need.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you know how to utilize the resources around you, it's not that hard. Especially for those who actually know how a certain brand fits and follow the designer season to season, the said option is a viable one.

People always complain on here and have this entitlement mentality as if everything was handed down to them. I know StyleForum is a plethora of information as well as enabler more often than not. Some things you just got to work for though. Saying something is hard is just petty.

In other news...
Raglan sleeve tees, a good idea? Fits oddly or the same?

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

If you know how to utilize the resources around you, it's not that hard. Especially for those who actually know how a certain brand fits and follow the designer season to season, the said option is a viable one.
People always complain on here and have this entitlement mentality as if everything was handed down to them. I know StyleForum is a plethora of information as well as enabler more often than not. Some things you just got to work for though. Saying something is hard is just petty.

what in the **** are you talking about. you can't call up suddenlee and say 'hey go to this random sample sale -- i don't know how much anything costs or whats available, but here's a bunch of pictures of things that might be there and my guestimate on the best sizing!'

it's stupid. and what is your deal lately. you vacillate between depressed pronouncements about how you're over fashion and your aesthetic and you want to try something new and condescending put-downs that are wholly inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads