• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Also, RFT-- there's a little demon inside of me that controls my purchasing decisions, making logical connections that the rest of me isn't aware of. And then when I ask my demon how it chooses what to buy and what to skip, it refuses to give me a straight answer. Just gives me a wink and a condescending laugh and walks off to buy some more random ****.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

yeah in retrospect i was pretty unfair to it, i actually stumbled in there by chance while at the museum with a friend. so there was a moment of "HOLY **** WE HAVE TO GO THERE BLESS IS AMAZING I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY BUT YOU'LL SEE" and then being a bit sad that there wasn't a room full of germans having a wine and cheese party in the bless clothes that i can only imagine are real (because where can you even see bless irl as a midwesterner).
we were in a bit of a hurry so dammit i did miss the rug sweater!! :( the chains were really cool though

Yeah, I'm just visiting for the week and had no knowledge of the exhibit, so I know that feeling of excitement and the subsequent letdown haha. It's only after I went back a second time at the end of my trip to the museum that I really made an effort take take it all in and check everything out.

I was really impressed by the museum though! I like this town

FNO was unavoidable where I'm staying here though, (streeterville?) and while I didn't partake in any of the activities, it really seemed to bring out the worst in people. In this town where cargo shorts reigned supreme for the past 5 days you could tell how people went outside of their comfort zone to look fashionable. Most people looked, you know, uncomfortable with themselves. Oh and lot of girls in heels that couldn't walk in heels! but my favorite was a guy that walked by with a really beat up shopping bag from Gucci that obviously wasn't from that night and you could tell he totally carries it around every time he goes out shopping to look like he just came from the store. For shame :(

But the worst part is that feeling of pretension it gave me. I don't want to be a snob like that but it was just THAT bad

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily want everyone on SF to immediately know exactly where I go to school, so here are some edited photos and selected quotes. (I dunno, maybe you guys can reverse image search, but whatever.)

"I was inspired by a modern twist on old taste. A traditional cut suit for a boxier look with a fitted dark tee underneath. A good combination of style and sophistication. A white pocket square would add nice contrast, now that I think about it. You don’t need an excuse to dress up, I’m trying to live that this year."

"In the first week of classes its all about trying to be myself, and that varies, so some days I wear a button up, but today I rolled out of bed and decided to wear my trippy tie-dye. Its too hot and humid to wear anything else, so it was a tie-dye, shorts and vans kind of day. I like to be comfortable more than anything else."

One poor freshman's unfortunate quote: "I wear whatever the day feels like, and I heard it was going to be hot."

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This makes me want to take back everything I ever said about appropriating tailored clothing for casual contexts

One poor freshman's unfortunate quote: "I wear whatever the day feels like, and I heard it was going to be hot."

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related RFT: Since all of my classes are on the same two days, and since I have to be dressed for yoga (with no time to shower or change between classes), I will pretty much be wearing gym clothes and sweats to every class. Like... this is some weird outer ring of sartorial hell. Lululemon Limbo.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not hell. It's "casual and comfy with a dash of eastern influences"

All this negative talk won't get you featured in any sartorial blogs

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its cool that lululemon has made it all the way to the east coat. good ol' canadian dude.

why not go tech-ninja'd out?
isa ora/nike/gyakusou :slayer:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do lululemon pants make men's butts look as great as they do womens' butts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads