• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this Blouson/Field Jacket from uniqlo, and it's awesome, the fit is great. But I wanted a way to make it look more worn like the field jacket in the fit GBear just posted in WAYWT.

The label says hand wash only, what would sticking it in the machine do? shrink it? or is the only way to make it look more worn to just wear it lots, haha.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nope, I has nothing to do with skincoluor, more the type of person.
I still see people wearing fake evisu's tucked in their white gym socks etc., it's the same type, who has begun wearing CDG play now.

Asian fast-fashion types have been wearing Play for years. J Crew sells Play on their website. There was an H&M x CdG collab. CdG is kinda weird in that it reaches a lot of different segments with the different lines, but that doesn't make the cool **** any less cool.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Comme des Garcons" is runway ****: Rei, Junya, four-digit price tags.

"CdG Play" is brand-whore ****: kitschy cartoon hearts with eyes, no design involved, made for Asian high-schoolers (or at least that demographic patronizes it exclusively around Toronto).

Last edited:

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i gave away all my cdg play to mrs.office, they just look much better on her than me. only cdg lines that really fit my aesthetics now is cdgh+ and cdg parfums.

cdg play is just annoying when people think they are so fashiony cuz they are balling in <3. i saw one japanese guy in his 60's wearing grey <3 cardigan with trickers brogues boots, and he looked pretty awesome.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw mad racaille (arab hood types a la la haine) doing this in paris circa 2000-2002
Wait, people wear denim tucked into their socks? Where do they do this at?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do I have too thick of thighs to be wearing jeans with aggressive tapers? These are T000s with some spandex in them... They are an old pair.

8e1c250f.jpg

5f612b9b.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought so. Right now I swear my drop is like -2" from shoulders to hips haha

Last edited:

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do I have too thick of thighs to be wearing jeans with aggressive tapers? These are T000s with some spandex in them... They are an old pair.

IMO those look bad, but it doesn't mean you have to abandon tapered jeans altogether. Most people, myself included, don't look good wearing skin-tight pants. Size up so they fit comfortably, and a bit slouchy in the top block. Even my most tapered jeans are pretty roomy in the waist.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMO those look bad, but it doesn't mean you have to abandon tapered jeans altogether. Most people, myself included, don't look good wearing skin-tight pants. Size up so they fit comfortably, and a bit slouchy in the top block. Even my most tapered jeans are pretty roomy in the waist.

I see. I had one size up in these, have to find them.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

8e1c250f.jpg

5f612b9b.jpg

No. Your thighs are nowhere near as big as mine, and I wear tapered jeans just fine. You'll have to size up, so the waist will likely be too big, but that's what belts are for. You just need jeans with a bigger top block, to accommodate those big upper legs, something like a Naked and Famous Weird Guy, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads