• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Levi's Men's "Ex Girlfriend Jeans"
exgirljeans.jpg
These look like a pair of tights...... I doubt they will sell well. Aren't skinny jeans a fad that has passed anyway? I don't see 95% of the male population wanting to wear jeans like this... I might be wrong though.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so sad, why doesn't levis stick to what they're good at. it's like marc jacob's anecdote about how his first grunge collection knocked off walmart and then walmart knocked off his collection which was inspired by them in the first place.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kunk's comments in the baller sneaker thread today make me grateful that someone is verbalizing what's been on my brain, albeit in more polarizing terms.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hes right, its so expensive to be wearing too many designers. I've been eyeing old Number (N)ine gear, but how am I suppose to take a plunge unless I can commit to spending a ton on a lot of their items in order to make a outfit with congruence.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was referring more to his comments about the shoes. I see both sides of the never-ending uniform versus variety debate.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I see both sides of the never-ending uniform versus variety debate.
well, its mainly monetary reasons that keep me from being too eclectic, but it bothers me to see things incorporated into outfits which outright shouldn't.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah

I have mostly jil/raf, some mmm, dope ervell, silent, schneider, etc. I can pull off rick and band, its fun not to be consticted to one thing . Fuuma wears a wide range of things and does it well.

Although it is dumb to mix the extremes together, what's wrong with having many different things in a wardrobe ?

Kunk has some of the most mind numbingly boring fits on sf. I do understand what he is lashing out against but he's been going on tirades about all that **** forever and what he does is just as bad.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
hes right, its so expensive to be wearing too many designers. I've been eyeing old Number (N)ine gear, but how am I suppose to take a plunge unless I can commit to spending a ton on a lot of their items in order to make a outfit with congruence.

i don't think number 9 would be too incongruent with what you wear.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Kunk has some of the most mind numbingly boring fits on sf.
and your opinion obviously isn't biased whatsoever...especially considering your insightful comments about the recent RO collection. Plus, I'm talking about wearing like a julius/RO leather with **** that makes no ******* sense paired with it. Not badmouthing wearing a mesh of designer stuff. It just depends what it is being paired with what, imo.
Originally Posted by hendrix
i don't think number 9 would be too incongruent with what you wear.
I dunno, I was really thinking about it. Well see...

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've liked a lot of Rick Owens stuff and have owned a couple of pieces. I am not like Jet where I automatically dislike everything that Rick puts out just because it is Rick. I even understand his distaste for Julius now after seeing much more of it.

My problem isn't with rick, it's with latching onto one designer.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
and your opinion obviously isn't biased whatsoever...especially considering your insightful comments about the recent RO collection. Plus, I'm talking about wearing like a julius/RO leather with **** that makes no ******* sense paired with it. Not badmouthing wearing a mesh of designer stuff. It just depends what it is being paired with what, imo. I dunno, I was really thinking about it. Well see...
Yeah but I wasn't addressing anything that you said. My post just came right after yours, sorry if you got the wrong idea.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, I think its never gonna be possible for people to see eye to eye on this. I think your personality has a large role with who you feel comfortable with. I guess I'm the same way jet is, but with Ervell. That isn't to say I can't appreciate other designers that fit under this aesthetic. I'm currently latched onto one designer cuz its the only one who speaks to me however corny that may be. I almost feel dirty wearing anything else at this point.
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Yeah but I wasn't addressing anything that you said. My post just came right after yours, sorry if you got the wrong idea.
aight, my bad, I start barking too quickly.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have a couple of rick tees that I bought 3 years ago and almost bought a blistered lamb before.

I didn't think anyone really took kunk's comments seriously did they? Some people who aren't drones like to create their own aesthetic instead of being a runway mimic. I don't think I've ever seen one dude dressed in one brand and thought wow that dude is stylin hard or my god how creative. You basically just purchased your aesthetic. I can understand how it's hard to break out of that mold when you're constantly on sf or in soho where everyone is a caricature but I've seen seriously stylish dudes on the streets of LA who don't really give a ****.

Kent I probably won't be in LA until monday but I have a commitment that day sorry brosef.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate both...but it has to make sense. Like if someone is wearing BoO with RO leathers or sneaks I'm guessing your eyebrows would raise as well, no? I dunno, RO just plain looks better with MORE RO. Same with Julius. They created something which warrants wearing the stuff head to toe. There is room for other names to come into play here, but its usually just a handful of other dark designers that wouldn't make it look dumb, imo. Plus, maybe people are creative, but they have such a tremendous love for a designer they are willing to cling to them. Don't get why you are always on this crusade about "creativity" when people are arranging outfits in the same manner. Its not like if you buy RO items you get a free guidebook inside the bag which tells you how to wear the stuff right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads