• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
it isnt even the content of xenoxs posts that makes them so terrible, it's the tone

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
I enjoy getting dressed in the mornings now that I love everything in my closet.

I'm wrote up this long post about how I'm not there yet, but hope to be soon. Then I realized I can condense it to: whenever I stop being lazy, I'll gather all my hardly used clothes and shoes from my Hypebeast days, sell them off, and pool those funds together to buy a couple pieces I'll truly love.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I own like 9 articles of clothing.

Me too. 8 are from Wal-Mart.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I'm wrote up this long post about how I'm not there yet, but hope to be soon. Then I realized I can condense it to: whenever I stop being lazy, I'll gather all my hardly used clothes and shoes from my Hypebeast days, sell them off, and pool those funds together to buy a couple pieces I'll truly love.

thats what i did...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like we both had the same mindset there for a while: the more colorful, the better. I'll admit I sort of fell in love with getting at least a comment or two every time I wore a certain pair of shoes. I'm sure many of those comments stemmed from a genuine like for those shoes, but a fair number of them probably came from the person simply noticing such loud footwear.

Problem for me is that a lot of my shoes only went with maybe one shirt I owned, so the possible combos weren't extensive.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This is exactly what i went through. I wore a lot of black and white t-shirts to alleviate that. And I was spending so much on sneakers that I couldn't afford a bunch of gear that matched as I didn't have a great paying job at the time.

I like to think that my work situation has improved along with the more mature mindset I'm taking with clothing.

If nothing else, I take myself more seriously than I did before.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do, too, but I'm not all that torn up about it. I plan to start branching out a bit, though I'm more comfortable with playing to my strengths than constantly experimenting with different, less flattering colors for the sake of experimentation. I've got really blue eyes, so I tend to look best in shirting with blue. In contrast, my lighter complexion prevents most reds, yellows, and oranges from looking good on me.

Green and perhaps brown are the two colors I would try to dabble with more if I so felt inclined to try something different right now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^always loved am95s I had them in 3 colors but the lime green was my fav, infrareds were a pair I wanted for a long time but I wasn't into nikes hardcore

I'm trying to get into more earth tones.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^the actual 'infrared' color is probably one of my favorite colors in general. i bought a rag and bone chambray purely because it is really close to that color

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^like I said in my second part

So teger is selling the grail status m65 now? Just saw the sig.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot I just bought a bunch of **** and forgot to include a promo code that coulda saved me $40.
frown.gif
Who the **** pays full price on SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads